PDA

View Full Version : How do you all get PB/PBK coupon codes?

janine
08-16-2012, 08:59 AM
I can't figure this out, I am a frequent buyer. I have registries - they have my email several times over. I've tried registering new email accounts. I get 2-3 catalog's in one shot sometimes - I can't figure out why I have never gotten one 15% code..like ever?
So curious how it came about for you all so I don't have to stalk you for your unused codes (which I do greatly appreciate :)).

KrystalS
08-16-2012, 09:12 AM
I am a very infrequent buyer and I get codes from all 3 stores all the time. I browse the website and sometimes put items in the cart but never checkout. Not sure if this has anything to do with me getting the codes. I've been on their mailing list for about 9 years, only the last couple years have I started getting the email discount codes.

janine
08-16-2012, 09:27 AM
I also have items in my cart and usually get an email saying "You have items in your cart".

Thanks - give me a code! lol.

maybe I need to wait around a bit on the new emai accounts I added..

AnnieW625
08-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Maybe once a year I get a Pottery Barn code, and I usually end up not using it. I have once or twice gotten a PBK coupon on a catalog, but I never ended up using it. I have been on the Pottery Barn, and PBK email for the better part of the last 7-8 yrs. . I even had a baby registry with PBK in 2006. With my July 4th order I got a $10 off coupon for my next in store or catalog/online purchase. I placed another order online earlier this month and got no $10 off coupon. It is always when I don't need them that I get them and now that I want them I don't get them:shake:.

I have left stuff in my cart as well and never gotten any other codes.

I think IMHO a lot of it has to do with demographics. Both the OP and I live in higher COL areas and probably near where they have a store and because the income skews higher I think they assume that we don't need the discount, but for those who live in the more reasonable COL areas like Texas or the Carolinas (I got the last discount code from a BBBer who lives in NC, I think) that coupons will come in handy more because the income may not be as high.

mjrwe
08-16-2012, 12:50 PM
I can't figure it out either. I seem to always get them when one is floating around out there.

I will say that I always either use it or pass them along to my mom or someone here on BBB so maybe they track that too - like if they send me one they have a pretty good idea it's going to bring "me" in for an order??

Not sure about the COL thing though b/c I live in Seattle. I'm pretty sure that they track my purchases both online and instore b/c I always get invites to their events at the 2 local B&M stores here. I have never registered there.

I don't get PB ones as often and when I do get one I would say there is only about a 25% chance it gets used. I often post it here but it's not always taken.

Momit
08-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Funny I've been wondering the same thing. I have a couple of small items in my cart and would be happy with just free shipping! Come on, PBK!