PDA

View Full Version : effectiveness of natural sun screen sticks?

AnnieW625
08-16-2012, 12:20 PM
I recently bought DD1 some Badger Brand SPF 30 sunscreen stick to use on her face because the Target brand one we bought for her initially was causing eczema on her face. Yesterday I put the Badger sunscreen on her entire face and her cheeks were a tad pink when she got home last night. She has a light to medium olive complexion and rarely burns (as long as she has sun screen on) at all so now I am a tad concerned that the stick isn't very effective. Has anyone else had these same results? We will be on vacation next week in an area with an elevation of 7,000 feet so having effective sunscreen for the face will have to be very effective.

brittone2
08-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Did you use enough?
Was it reapplied, since sweat, water, etc. will all impact it eventually?

Since it is a physical block, you have to use enough of it to provide adequate coverage, and of course reapply periodically.

My middle DD has a skin tone close to mine and tans fairly easily even with physical blocks, whereas my DS1 and DS2 use the same physical block and don't get as much color. They have a lighter skin tone, more like DH's skin, which is on the fair side.

crl
08-16-2012, 01:14 PM
The badger sunblocks have worked very well for us. And my daughter and I are both very pale. Dh got burned using Purple Prairie and I feel like it is less effective, but it may be user error on our parts.

Catherine

cookiemonster80
08-16-2012, 02:16 PM
my very fair DD has never been burned with the babo stick- swimming, sweating, playing, etc.

Beth24
08-17-2012, 12:52 AM
The Babyganics and Babo sticks have worked well for us.