PDA

View Full Version : Toddler bathtime

TwoBees
08-16-2012, 01:05 PM
At what age would you/did you feel comfortable leaving your DC alone in the bathtub for 30 seconds to 1 minute to run into the other room to get something? (like a forgotten wash cloth or towel)?

BabyBearsMom
08-16-2012, 01:25 PM
I do it with my 2.5 year old now. I get the towel from the closet which is just outside of the bathroom door. I tell her to sing so I can hear her the whole time. I wouldn't leave the room for more than a few seconds, but I'm okay with being 3 feet away for the amount of time it takes to get a towel.

BabbyO
08-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Hard for me to say...I guess 2-2.5, but literally just to grab a towel from his room across the hall. It rarely happens because I usually bathe the boys together and DS2 is not even 1 yo yet. So if DS2 is in the tub, I don't leave the bathroom.

At 3 I will allow him to be in the bathroom (not in the tub) alone for a minute or two while I'm filling the tub. Usually this is when I'm undressing DS2 if he has a poopy diaper - easier to clean up on the changing table. If he's just wet, I undress him in the bathroom.

catsnkid
08-16-2012, 02:17 PM
I just started doing this at age 3, usually to run out and grab something real quick. No more than 30 seconds. Now that I am a single momma I tend to forget stuff.

lmr1101
08-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Like pp said, I make my dd1 sing ABC as loud as she can. I probably started that around 2ish. She knows if I can't hear her signing I come running back so she just sits there and sings her little heart out.
I'm always back before the song ends and it's just to get a towel that I forget down the hall.