PDA

View Full Version : Craig's list: Sell separately or together

BabyBearsMom
08-16-2012, 02:26 PM
DD2 is starting to outgrow some of her baby gear and I think just before Christmas I will be ready to do a major purge (can't wait!!!!!). Is it better to sell all of these things together or should I do a separate ad for each thing? I will be selling:

Bumbo with tray (and recall kit)
FP Bouncy Seat
Baby Einstein Jumper
FP Cradle Swing
FP Rock N Play Sleeper
Chicco KF30 with 2 bases
Chicco Cortina stroller (matches car seats)
Delta Changing Table
FP Activity Gym
2 Boppies
Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper
FP infant bath
2 Mobiles
Baby Jogger City Mini Carseat adapter for KF30

I was thinking of putting the high dollar items in separate ads but the cheaper stuff in one ad. I feel too lazy to do a separate ad for each item.

Tinochka
08-16-2012, 02:33 PM
I would say separate. Just mentioned that you have this and that and look under 5555 code. Some logical items, like picnic table and sand/water table I put together, listed prices separate, gave some discount if smb buy both of them. Make sure that you have very good pics. So many times I heard from ppl that my pics say for themselves.
I usually ask to give a contact info, otherwise you might get lots of spam... It was way better just couple years ago.

specialp
08-16-2012, 02:41 PM
I would separate. I am looking for a few things on CL and I get frustrated when they are grouped together with stuff I don't need and the seller is unwilling to separate.

curiousgeorge
08-16-2012, 04:07 PM
I have been selling a ton of our stuff on Craigslist in the past six months and have had great luck so far (purging feels SOOOO good doeesn't it!).

What I've done is one big ad, listing everying in it with prices. I've also included links to Amazon when the item is still available so they can get all of the specs and relevant info easily and have a place to compare prices.

I then attached a link to a picasa album with great pictures of everything along with prices and descriptions beneath each picture. It does take a little work up front but it is so worth it in my opinion.

My ad says I'm willing to work with you on prices if you want to buy multiple items, and I do, because for me it's worth it to unload a bunch of stuff to one person at one time and just be done with it. But it also allows someone to just buy one item from me at a time if that's all they want.

So, if I were you, I'd do that. It's kind of the best of both worlds that way.

And, I delete items as I sell them and state that right up front in the ad. It's worked great so far--good luck!