PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Presents for DCP's

BabbyO
08-16-2012, 03:02 PM
This year has been a roller coaster for us with respect to daycare, but after careful consideration we've decided to go with a new, private sitter, fulltime for our kids.

If you've read any of my previous posts you probably know we've been part-time with a private sitter and part time at a center for the majority of this year. For various reasons our sitter had to resign.

We have been very happy with the center, but it is just too costly for us to move there full-time at this point. We have given them our notice that we will be done at the end of the month. I've told the director that our decision was NOT based on the care our boys have received, but it is the right decision for our family.

Now I want to give the kids teachers and the director gifts that let them know we truly appreciate what they've done for our kids and family. I don't have a lot to spend (I'm thinking $15-20 per person, tops).

Please share your best ideas. My first thought is to do something with pictures, but I'm not sure what. They do take pictures at the center, but there are very few that are really good enough to use.

I'm open to ideas without pictures, too, so please hit me!

liz
08-16-2012, 04:23 PM
We usually give gc to Dunkin Donuts, since we usually see them with DD coffee cups in the morning. They get the gc and a handwritten note from the our child (something short and age appropriate). The kids always seem to have fun writing and decorating the cards for their teachers.

babyonway
08-16-2012, 05:46 PM
I agree with the GC.