PDA

View Full Version : iPhone users--anyone have VC problems?

BDKmom
08-17-2012, 09:29 AM
I have been having lots of problems with the VC on my phone. Intermittently I can't adjust the ringer volume with the side buttons. Today, I am unable to adjust any volume (music, keystroke sounds, etc). My husband did a restore and that hasn't solved the problem. I don't think it's a hardware issue, bc when it happens and I try to adjust ringer volume, the icon that pops up with the bars is blank. I would think if it were the buttons malfunctioning, it would at least pop up with the previous setting and I just wouldn't be able to change it.

I can work around the ringer volume thing by going to settings, but I can't figure out how to change music volume without the buttons. Currently it's all silent.

Any experience with this? Suggestions?

Ok, as I'm typing this on my phone, the sounds for keystrokes came back, then went out again. Arrrrg!

ETA: I have the 4s.

Clarity
08-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Have you restored the phone? I'd probably try that. I don't have the same problems but I have problems with my home button and with the volume level on phone calls. I restored it once and it actually seemed to help so I'm about to try that again.

BDKmom
08-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Yes. I have restored it. Didn't seem to help. Or helped briefly, then the problem was back. Hard to tell because issue is intermittent.

Mermanaid
08-17-2012, 09:59 AM
DH was having the same problems and an Internet search showed it's a known issue. Most likely needs to be fixed with a software patch which Apple has yet to release (as far as we know).

He found one thing that helps temporarily. Put the phone on a dock that plays music. Let it play and pull it off without stopping the music. Seems odd but that helped his for a few days. It doesn't seem to have as many problems now but he still has to do that every once in a while.

codex57
08-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Can you take it to an Apple store? Are you still under any warranty?