PDA

View Full Version : Photo Pass +

Mommy2Abby
08-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Hi - has anyone done the Photo Pass + at Disney World recently? Is it worth it?

We pre-ordered the plain Photo Pass CD when we went last year, and it was great - definitely worth the value (and the preorder discount was great) to get so many fantastic pics of the family.

I see now that they have the new Photo Pass + option. Trying to figure out if it's worth it? Thoughts? TIA!

klwa
08-17-2012, 01:53 PM
I think you're going to be the only one who can answer that, based on your touring/buying styles.

From what I undertand, the + allows you to get all of the meal pictures & ride pictures on the CD. So, if you do a lot of character meals with pictures (other than CRT or Akershus, since you already get those), it might be worth it. Also, if you buy ride pics or think you'd like to have them. Then biggest issue that I've heard is you only get one + card. (You can still have as many photopass cards as you like.) So if you & SO split up with the kids & one doesn't have the card for a ride that takes the ride pic, you have to then store the number somehow (picture with yoru phone or write it down), then go back with the +card to get it added.

BayGirl2
08-18-2012, 12:25 AM
In my opinion its worth it for DL. I havent' done the math for WDW. If you are doing character meals you get the picture package. We wouldn't usually buy the ride pics but it will be great to get them.

I scrapbook and prefer to get the digital images and the extra CD of stock photos will be nice to have.

Jen841
08-19-2012, 08:07 AM
We go in a week and I don't know of any preordering deals.

srkaplan
08-19-2012, 08:39 AM
What character meals at wdw other than crt have photographers there? I've never seen them!

acmom
08-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Chef Mickey's and Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fare both did pictures when we went last year.

Jen841
08-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Can someone give it to me? Other pass has be realizing I have not researched this yet and don't know if I need to prepay of there is a DEAL. Thanks

alien_host
08-19-2012, 10:45 PM
I did photopass + in May.

When I did it, it was $199 and it included all the benefits of regular PP, plus photos from Character Meals (i.e. Chef Mickey, they just gave it to us, we didn't have to pay the $25) and you can add photos from Rides (Splash Mtn, Buzz Lightyear and others). Back then they did not have a preorder option.

So if you do a lot of Character Meals and want the ride photos, it is worth it.

Also if you do Jedi Training at HS or the Jack Sparrow Tutorial at MK, the PP photographers get really good pics of the kids (and you don't need plus to get the benefit, but that made PP worth it to me).

THis was helpful: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2909320&highlight=photopass+plus in this thread somewhere there was a link to a facebook page with good info. ETA Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/notes/disneys-photopass-service/new-disney-photopass-arriving-april-4-2012-to-walt-disney-world-resort/10150650931518325

pharmjenn
08-19-2012, 11:34 PM
We just returned from 8 days in the parks and did Photopass plus. This was our "all out" trip, since don't know when we will be visiting again. We did dining plan, stayed on site etc. We had 4 character meals, and got the photo from Ohana, Tusker House and Akershus (Hollywood and Vine doesn't do them) We also saw Hoop de Do Review and got the photo package from there handed to us. We never buy ride photos, but put all of them on the pass. My DS4 loved Tower of Terror and Everest, so we have about 10 photos from those rides.
We also did Jedi Training and the Sword fighting with Jack Sparrow, and had those photos added. We posed for as many photographers as we could find, and asked for magic shots as often as possible as well. When the photographers see your plus card, they start shooting as you walk up to the characters, so you get so many more shots of your family with the characters.
We have a Disney Visa so did the free character meet in Epcot twice, and got all those shots on the card as well (in addition to the free print from each day)
I have over 300 photos prior to editing, almost 400 after editing, and will get them all included on the prepaid disc.
If you are travelling further out than 2 weeks, I think the prepay option is still available for $170. For longer trips, it can easily be worth it.

klwa
08-20-2012, 07:05 AM
Can someone give it to me? Other pass has be realizing I have not researched this yet and don't know if I need to prepay of there is a DEAL. Thanks

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/wdwphotopassplus.aspx?CMP=KNC-WDWFY12_PhotoPass|G|1081151.WBS.MAR.DIMGE to preorder photopass+

or http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx for the regular photopass.