PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience with Stokke Tripp Trapp

hehateme
08-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi:

After a long research on our second high chair I finally decided to buy Stokke Tripp Trapp chair in Walnut. I had heard nothing but good things about it and liked how it looked. We currently own a Swan Chair.

Ecomom had a good deal on it but they were taking 2-3 weeks to deliver.
When the chair arrived found one part missing.

I called Stokke customer service. The lady first tried to tell me that the part I was talking about was not needed. She kept on calling the part by a different name than the how it is referred in the manual. I had to take pictures and send it to her to show what was missing.

Once again she told me that she had a chair with her and it did not have this part. I asked her to open page 11 of the manual. First she told me that her manual did not have 11 pages. Finally she saw the picture in the manual and agreed with me that something was missing.

I was told it will take 7-10 days to get the missing part.
This was frustrating so I decided to return the chair.
Even the Ikea stuff I have bought does not have missing parts.
Customer Service person I ran into did not know much about the product and 10 days to replace a missing part is rather long.

I am trying to determine if I should even buy this chair from another vendor.
I am sure Stokke makes good products but the folks who buy their products and recommend them must not have dealt with their customer service.

georgiegirl
08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I have 2 of those seats and love them. We never have had any problem with them.

Melaine
08-17-2012, 03:32 PM
What a shame. I suggest you email them and include a link to your post. Also, I would comment on their facebook page. We love their products and I don't believe your experience was typical. I still can't recommend the chair enough, we just love them.

hellokitty
08-17-2012, 03:53 PM
It sounds like a bad vendor to me. We have 2 kinderzeats (older version) and one tripp trapp and have never had these kinds of issues. The chairs are fantastic. My older boys are ages 7 and 8 and still use them everyday.

hehateme
08-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Vendor was Ecomom. I don't have any problem with them.
They shipped a product to me but one minor part was missing.
Ecomom agreed to take the chair back. I would have exchanged it but they did not have it in stock.

I got terrible customer service from Stokke. Their customer service person did not know much about their product. Their 10 day part shipping policy seemed slow.

I did post on their Facebook page.

I might buy the chair from Amazon. With 2 day prime shipping I will have it soon.

I want the chair ASAP because we were using Inglesina fast chair with my 8 month old DS2. It works great for us. The cover got dirty so we decided to wash it. When I was putting the cover back on I made a mistake in setting up the chair. I realized what I had done but my DS2 was still safe so I thought I will take him out of the chair after his breakfast and fix the error.
My wife did not know about the issue so tried to take him out of the chair and he slipped right out and fell from the chair to the hardwood floor.
He cried a little and seemed fine but I was upset for the entire day.
I have fixed the issue with the chair cover but I want him to be sitting in a proper high chair soon. This is why I was upset to see a missing part and then being told that missing part is not needed.

hehateme
08-17-2012, 10:29 PM
I wrote on the Facebook about my experience with stokke customer service.
I heard from someone at stokke that I should send them a picture and serial number and they will send me the replacement part. I told them that I had already packed up the chair to return it. I did tell them that I was still planning to buy the chair from another retailer.
I heard from their marketing director who was on vacation that she will send me a chair for free. She also said that they will addy rain their customer service better.

This was a surprise. Social media has given consumers amazing power.

AnnieW625
08-19-2012, 03:49 AM
Glad your problem was resolved. We have a Tripp Trapp chair and both of my girls have enjoyed it. Good luck with your chair!

Melaine
08-19-2012, 03:52 AM
Wow! Free TT? That's amazing.

hillview
08-19-2012, 06:34 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. I have 2 of those seats and love them. We never have had any problem with them.
:yeahthat:
Wow free is amazing!

jess_g
08-19-2012, 06:42 PM
We have 2 kinderzeats. I called cs many years ago asking how to adjust the seatbelt straps. After talking to the cs lady for a while, I just gave up. She could not explain how to adjust them. So I do think they have a great product, but bad cs, at least over the phone. But its wonderful that they are sending you one for free.

Jenn

indigo99
08-19-2012, 09:38 PM
This was a surprise. Social media has given consumers amazing power.

Which is a double edged sword. In your case, their CS was lacking so you did deserve something. However, I've always hated when mean spirited people get stuff for free by complaining the loudest. I saw it a lot when I worked at a restaurant, and it always made me mad. Now it's even easier for one annoyed person to really hurt someone's business.