PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy an iPAD?

PMJ
08-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Where is the best place to buy an iPAD? Apple store, online, Best Buy or another electronic retailer?

Are there any benefits of buying it at the Apple store?

What are some of the 'must haves' to buy w/ the new iPAD?

thanks!

JBaxter
08-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Best buy in my opinion has an excellent protection plan. When Jack took ours in the hot tub with him they swapped it out in the store. We rebought a 2nd protection plan. I also have the Griffin survivor case.

Jupiter
08-18-2012, 01:40 PM
I bought mine at the apple store, not sure if there is really a benefit but it's not like you can find it cheaper anywhere else. They will also help you set everything up and you know they know what they are doing. I would buy a cover. The cover does not need to be expensive depending on your needs. If a child will be using it I recommend Big frame case, I've seen it literally bounce.

curiousgeorge
08-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Does the Target red card discount apply? If so, that's 5% off and if you fill five prescriptions on your red card you get a stackable 5% off code valid for one day.

AngB
08-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Best buy in my opinion has an excellent protection plan. When Jack took ours in the hot tub with him they swapped it out in the store. We rebought a 2nd protection plan. I also have the Griffin survivor case.

I don't have an ipad but we are on our 3rd laptop in a year, Best Buy has replaced them with no problem. (DS broke the screen on the first one, I spilled water on the second one.)

Also I've heard rumors of the mini ipad coming out soon- you might want to try to hold off a bit longer if you can.

oneontheway
08-18-2012, 03:02 PM

Any idea how much Best Buy protection plan is? I just bought the apple one for $99.

georgiegirl
08-18-2012, 03:05 PM
I got mine at Target with the 5% off red card discount.

JBaxter
08-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Any idea how much Best Buy protection plan is? I just bought the apple one for $99.

DH couldn't remember but he said 119 came to mind. Now the nearest apple store is well over an hour away so that's a huge reason we deal with best buy. They have replaced 2 iPads < yup he got the first one we too> 3 computers 2 DS's 3 phones and repaired 4 keyboards. I LOVE the black tie protection plan.

SummerBaby
08-19-2012, 01:01 PM
I bought ours at the Apple Store. They offer a 10% education discount- I work at a university so it was applicable, even though I'm an administrator. Also, they had a special deal for a $50 iTunes gift card there when I got it last month. So that made it better than the Target deal for me.

basilicali
08-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Usually cheaper at Microcenter, if you have one near you, about $50 off regular price.

katydid1971
08-19-2012, 01:51 PM
After recs here I bought DC's iPad from the refurbs at Apple.com. It was a great deal. My mom then bought her laptop from them too. They offer the same 1 year warranty that they offer with a new one.
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

mariza
08-19-2012, 02:43 PM
After recs here I bought DC's iPad from the refurbs at Apple.com. It was a great deal. My mom then bought her laptop from them too. They offer the same 1 year warranty that they offer with a new one.
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

I have bought all my iPods from Apple refurb, never had a problem. My original iPad was a gift from my dad but when I do upgrade it I will definitely buy it direct from Apple Refurbs. You get 1% back on ebates (not much but it's something!) you can buy an additional warranty from SquareTrade cheaper than Apple's protection.

PZMommy
08-19-2012, 04:35 PM
I bought ours at the Apple Store. They offer a 10% education discount- I work at a university so it was applicable, even though I'm an administrator. Also, they had a special deal for a $50 iTunes gift card there when I got it last month. So that made it better than the Target deal for me.

My Apple Store said we couldnt use the educator discount on the iPad! I tried online and couldn't use it either.

Dawn