PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend your bread-making machine!!

Corie
08-19-2012, 03:14 PM
I'd like to buy a bread-making machine for my husband's birthday.

Do you have any recommendations??

Thanks!

JMS
08-19-2012, 06:16 PM
I've had this:
http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-BB-CEC20-Supreme-2-Pound-Loaf-Breadmaker/dp/B002XVUAOU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1345414377&sr=8-4&keywords=bread+machine

for at least a couple years and it's still going strong and I use it almost every day.

I kinda need a new pan and paddles but they are very pricey to replace so I haven't done so yet.

I set a camelcamelcamel price alert for a drop below $190 and bought it then. If you purchase one and need a good basic white bread recipe, let me know :)

eta: this is the brand that King Arthur recommends/sells.

hillview
08-19-2012, 06:23 PM
I've had this:
http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-BB-CEC20-Supreme-2-Pound-Loaf-Breadmaker/dp/B002XVUAOU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1345414377&sr=8-4&keywords=bread+machine

for at least a couple years and it's still going strong and I use it almost every day.

I kinda need a new pan and paddles but they are very pricey to replace so I haven't done so yet.

I set a camelcamelcamel price alert for a drop below $190 and bought it then. If you purchase one and need a good basic white bread recipe, let me know :)
:yeahthat:
I have used it maybe 100 times but def not every day. All bread machines seem to be a little art a little science but this one gets the best reviews IMO. Do a search for this brand and you will get a lot of hits on this website and others. Good luck!

nrp
08-19-2012, 07:03 PM
I have the same one as PPs. It is a great bread maker. Not too complicated, but has at least a couple of custom programs you can add in yourself.

wellyes
08-19-2012, 07:05 PM
I have that Zojirushi and use it at least 3x per week. Love it.

mominma
08-19-2012, 10:16 PM
I also have the Zojirushi listed above. I use it once a week and have not experimented too much, but love what we have made so far.

karstmama
08-20-2012, 08:58 AM
i have a mr breadman, going strong after about 15 years.

Corie
09-09-2012, 08:12 AM
I've had this:

I just gave my husband the above bread machine for his birthday!!

I would love your white bread recipe!!! :) Thank you!

lhafer
09-09-2012, 09:21 AM
I've had this:

I have a Panasonic bread maker that I've never used, and DH is starting to get on me about it! I would love some good simple bread recipes to get started.

urbanmommy
09-09-2012, 02:17 PM

I have a slightly older version of this one and we use it 2-3 times a week. I love it. I get all of my bread machine recipes from the king Arthur flour website, allrecipes.com and food.com. it takes some experimenting because recipes turn out differently based on factors like humidity and house temperature but once you start to learn what works for you you'll love it. I can't buy grocery store bread anymore because my family won't eat it.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

JMS
09-09-2012, 02:57 PM

I've been using this recipe for a couple years, but I'm pretty sure I derived it from a recipe on KAFs website. I definitely think KAF makes superior bread. I actually buy it at Target because they sell it considerably cheaper then Whole Foods.

Ingredients:
1 c water
1/4 - 1/3 c milk (less when humidity is high)
3 Tbsp butter, quartered
3 3/4 c APF (all purpose flour)
3 Tbsp sugar
1.5 tsp salt
1.5 tsp ADY (active dry yeast)

This is what I do: I fill a liquid measuring cup with water to the 1 cup line then add milk (usually whole milk, but I've used 2% and it doesn't seem to make a difference). Then I microwave it for about 25 seconds. This gets poured into the bread pan. Also, make sure the paddles are pushed all the way down. Then I put in the APF, sugar and salt and mix it around a little bit. The ADY can't touch water so I put that in the middle and also put a piece of butter in all four corners of the pan. This is just my way of doing it. Have a great time experimenting and please post any tried and true recipes you come to love!

Also -just thought to say in case you don't know - the cheapest place to buy the ADY is Costco by far. You get this block that has been vaccum packed for about $4.