PDA

View Full Version : Odd question (navel rings and weight)

lalasmama
08-19-2012, 04:35 PM
I've been working on loving my body no matter my size... I've lost a little weight, and still have about 30lb to go before I'll be at at a happy weight/size. (Of note, that would still have me about 30 pounds above my "ideal" weight, but I look unhealthy under about 140lbs). I'm taking the weight off slow, about a pound per week.

Ever since I was a young adult (early 20s), I've wanted a navel ring. I've always said, "Oh, when my tummy is flatter, I will do it." But here's the thing: I was thinking "oh, when my tummy is flatter" when I was 107lbs. In other words, I was a size 6, and scary skinny, and I still thought I needed to be smaller. So, I'm chunky, especially around my middle. You know that cute little 2-year-old round belly? That's what mine has ALWAYS looked like, even then, at 107lbs, even now, at 33 years old, LOL.

I'm tired of waiting. I'm going to get my navel done, despite still being "chunky".

So, after all that, here's the question:

If I get my navel pierced while I'm chunky, it won't change at all as I'm losing weight, right? I mean, it shouldn't look weird or stretched out or anything, right (the piercing, not the belly skin, lol)?

MamaMolly
08-19-2012, 05:45 PM
I think it would be fine especially if you are taking the weight off slowly.

Just a thought, you might want to do a trial run with stick on earrings or something. I always, always, always wanted to get a cute little nose piercing, just a tiny diamond on one side. I pretty much made up my mind to do it now. I happened to buy a packet of tiny stick on sparkles for the girls and tried it out. I looked stupid. Plain stoooooooooooopid. I'm so glad I figured it out *before* I poked the hole! :)

SkyrMommy
08-19-2012, 06:04 PM
I had/have my navel pierced and just put the ring back in after having DS a week and 1/2 ago. It's never stretched except by 7 months when I took it out for a bit for both pregnancies.

My weight has fluctuated from 10 lbs. under weight, I'm 5'9" and was around 125 to much higher now, 175 after two children. I have a long torso and regardless of weight have always liked the ring, my navel is an 'inny' and the piercing is just through the skin on the top edge. I say go for it if you feel like you'd like it!