PDA

View Full Version : bjcm vs. bee

sweetsoul99
08-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Hi Ladies!

So I'm debating between the bjcm and a bee for my car stroller. Other than the fact that the bee can be rear facing, are there any other pro's and cons for each that I should be aware of? Most specifically, is the push on the Bee a LOT better, a little better, or comparable. Although I would really like a rear-facing stroller, I'm leaning towards the bjcm because of the canopy and ease of fold. However, I'm quite the push diva and have heard a lot of good things about the bee.

Philly Mom
08-19-2012, 08:48 PM
I have both. Since I bought the Bee I have only used the bjcm for travel and once when I thought it would rain. The bjcm canopy is truly better. That said, I prefer the Bee. The seat is more upright so DD is happier. The push is superior and at 1 we still love rear facing. Even my DH who loves the bjcm fold prefers the Bee.

edurnemk
08-20-2012, 12:10 AM
I've never owned a BJCM, but I did push my friend's a few times. I would go for the Bee (which I do own) based solely on the push and the width of the back wheels. The Bee fits everywhere, and it's very nimble. The BJCM back wheels are too wide for my taste.

hollissmama
08-20-2012, 12:14 AM
yes the BJCM is all about the fold. It is crazy easy however I hear the bee is a simple fold also. I think the push is pretty average for the city mini, its much better than an umbrella stroller. But I prefer the bugaboo frog to the city mini b/c I really felt the weight of my 2yr old way more in the city mini.

roseyloxs
08-20-2012, 07:51 AM
The fold on the bee is not hard at all. Its two handed but only takes seconds so I don't see that as a huge difference between the two. I owned a BJCM for a mere 2 months because the slouchy seat drove me nuts. I owned it pre-backboard but did have a diy backboard in it.

If push is important to you then yes the bee is the way to go. It doesn't have a one handed push it has a one finger push. Okay maybe it gets downgraded to a 5 finger push when my 40 lb 5 year old sits in it but it still beats the BJCM. Also I loved the reversible seat and my dd used it until she was almost 3.

hihellonikki
08-20-2012, 04:20 PM
If I had the choose between the two, I'd get the Bee over the BJCM. BUT, I'd definitely choose the BJCM GT over them both.

coastgirl
08-23-2012, 01:48 AM
Some of you posted on my "Overwhelmed" post last month. Do you think the Bee's tires would stand up to my no-sidewalk street? Yes, the Snap N Go has held up, but the tread is wearing, and with the Bee's price I'd hope it last for years.

roseyloxs
08-23-2012, 05:28 AM
Some of you posted on my "Overwhelmed" post last month. Do you think the Bee's tires would stand up to my no-sidewalk street? Yes, the Snap N Go has held up, but the tread is wearing, and with the Bee's price I'd hope it last for years.

I replied in depth on your thread but in short yes I think the wheels would hold up. At least mine look pretty good after almost 2 years of abuse. If for some reason they didn't then you could buy replacements (I think they are almost $100 for a pair).