PDA

View Full Version : First day of school ideas

DietCokeLover
08-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Do you do anything fun or special to mark the first day of school?

SnuggleBuggles
08-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Picture outside, right before heading off. A video interview is fun too but my luck hasn't been great on those.

queenmama
08-19-2012, 08:45 PM
We take the customary photo and eat supper out, student's choice.

Lovingliv
08-19-2012, 08:50 PM
We do pancakes in the shape of the kids names! Pictures with their new backpacks.
We also take a picture in front of the closet door....so we can see how much they grew over the year!

oneplustwo
08-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Photo taken outside before heading off for the first day of school. I also write up a note with a little illustration to put in each kid's lunchbox that first day, telling them how much I love them & that I can't wait to hear all about their first day when I see them. Finally, there's always an extra special snack waiting for them when they're home from school.

KpbS
08-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Pic in the morning before leaving, note in the lunch box, favorite meal for dinner and this year I made cupcakes as a surprise dessert. :)

Tammy
08-20-2012, 12:25 AM
DD started K last week and we did picture outside, with and without backpack. Video of her talking about how excited she was to start school and then video of bus pulling up and her getting on and driving off. She had 1/2 day so I picked her up and then we spent the afternoon together at the zoo and did fun stuff. Oh- and her favorite cupcakes later. :)

rlu
08-20-2012, 01:34 AM
Picture in front yard before school (with backpack) and Jamba Juice after (we do the same on the last day of school as well). Last year I also took a picture of him at his desk the first day of school.

WitMom
08-20-2012, 05:58 AM
We do the typical first day of school pictures, and have a special breakfast. We also have a schultuete for the girls when they get home from school. (We would do this before school, but the morning tends to be pretty chaotic, so it's just easier to do it after.)

http://www.themotherhuddle.com/back-to-school-traditions-schultuete-school-cones/

Momit
08-20-2012, 06:55 AM
We aren't there yet with school but I'm thinking about adopting a cute custom we saw in Germany. School-age kids receive a "schultuete" which is a large paper or cardboard cone filled with treats like snacks, little toys and a few things for school. There is a photo taken with backpack and cone before the child goes to school the first day.