PDA

View Full Version : FTM... can't decide between Cruz or Versa

wangstar
08-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Hello babybargain land...

I've just started looking at items to put on the registry and I'm overwhelmed by the amount of things a baby comes with.

I live in Miami. Although a metropolitan urban city, I still need to drive everywhere b/c the public transportation is none existance. I've narrowed the stroller choice down to the Uppababy Cruz and the Baby Jogger Versa.

Any feedback will help!!!:cheerleader1:

KonzaPrairie
08-20-2012, 03:31 PM
I also live in a metropolitan urban city but have to drive everywhere. I bought a Cruz when they came out last November for my newborn DD and really like it. Actually the more I use it the more I like it. I loved it for my newborn with the snugseat insert--and I'm still using the snugseat now that she's 10 months (sans the head support and wedge to make the seat flat), so it has a much longer life than a bassinet. At first I felt like the Cruz was a little cumbersome to take in and out of the car but now I find it really easy, and it's becoming my car stroller of choice. In fact I find the fold a lot easier than the Maclaren Triumph at my parents house, even though I have to reverse the seat first (this takes about 2 seconds). Not sure how the Cruz compares to the Versa, I haven't seen a Versa IRL yet. Also I'm not sure if the Versa has a snugseat option, if not you would definitely want to find a snuzzler type thing to use with a new baby unless you have the bassinet.

The only con to the cruise is since it has smaller tires (which are great for manuvering through tight spaces), it's not the best on bumpy sidewalks/terrain. It's not terrible though either. If I were to have another baby I think I would get the Valco Spark--also reversible, the seat turns into a bassinet, and it has air tires!

wangstar
08-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I had not heard about Valco before.
Now you've got me thinking about Valco instead of the Cruz... :bowdown:

I do like the 3-1 convertible seat on the Spark but not too sure about the air tires. I also looked into the Snap which is also infant compatible and has the tubeless tires so it does not run flat. What do you think?

PZMommy
08-20-2012, 09:23 PM
I like that the Versa can fold with the seat facing the parent. That is a big deal to me! Also the wheels are larger than the Cruz.

Dawn

queenmama
08-21-2012, 03:37 AM
I like that the Versa can fold with the seat facing the parent. That is a big deal to me!

Amen! That alone would be enough for me to choose the Versa, but the fold mechanism itself is another selling point. If I were you I'd nix the Cruz and decide between the Versa and the Spark!