PDA

View Full Version : Snap n go and/or stroller?

daisyd
08-20-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm trying to plan my shopping For DC#2 and I'm wondering if I need asnap and go and a stroller. With DC1 I had a metrolite and loved it (Thanks Beth- Snugglebuggles for your recommendation). I could use it with a carseat initially and then as a regular stroller. DC1 was loathe to stay in the stroller and would get cranky if he had to ride in it any length of time after he started walking/running so we didnt use it a whole lot and I'm glad we didnt spend too much on the stroller. This time round I'm on a budget and I only want to get stuff that we'll end up using (if I can predict that in advance:). So for all experienced moms out there any reason to own both a snap and go and a stroller or will the stroler alone which is car seat compatible suffice?

Thanks much!

roseyloxs
08-20-2012, 10:22 AM
I've never used a snap n go. Just stick with the stroller and work out the muscles as you lift the extra weight in and out of the car.

edurnemk
08-20-2012, 10:28 AM
I would get the car seat adaptor for the stroller of my choice or get a stroller compatible with the car seat, if I was in your shoes. That way you have both options in the same piece of equipment. You could end up with a car seat hater like mine and then the SNG would be a total waste. Plus the push is not so nice.

I've never had a SNG and never missed it, I hated carrying the car seat so I always snapped it in the stroller when needed. I think the SNG only makes sense if you want to wait to get a stroller, but if you'll have a stroller from the start you don't need it.

daisyd
08-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks guys, that was helpful. I'm going the stroller only route.

chillinoutmaxin
08-20-2012, 02:38 PM
I have a snap n go that I used quite a bit. BUT I got it at a garage sale for $5 (score!) AND I have 4 kids (in 5 years) so my trunk was full of other strollers. The snap n go was an awesome choice for a newborn because it fit so compactly into the trunk under my double stroller.

I wouldn't pay full price for one because I dont think I would get the use out of it. I'm sure there are babies out there who prefer their carseats and will stay in them for a year so the snap n go would be much better for those kids.

mikala
08-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Another vote for stroller only. I used the snap 'n go a bit with my first but with my second have found it's more useful to have a regular stroller in the trunk. Most of the time I'm wearing the baby so the stroller can be used for my older child if needed. On the rare occasions I need to carry baby in a carseat I just use the same stroller while DS1 walks.

sweetsoul99
08-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Another metro lite lover here! I love my snap n go as my car stroller. Thats because my oldest 2 can walk. When he outgrows that I will use an umbrella. When my 2 were little a double that coułd take a car seat would have been a life savor, however I stubbornly held Onto my metrolite. so i would say it depends on how old your 1st is and if you want just one do it all stroller or want a car and AT duo combo.

ssand23
08-23-2012, 08:19 AM
If possible, I'd get a car seat adapter for the stroller you love. I did have a Maclaren Easy Traveler. It's Maclaren's version of a snap & go. It's so much lighter, easier to push & has a huge basket. It's compatable with almost all infant car seats out there. I'd highly recommend that over the Snap and Go brand. I tried the Snap & Go at the store & was not a fan but the Maclaren version was just about $5 more & worth every penny :)

hellokitty
08-23-2012, 08:45 AM
How old is your other child? I would get a SNG or a carseat adaptor if you have a stroller you already like. I ask the age of your older one, b/c DS1 and DS2 were in preschool and half day K when DS3 was born, so having a SNG saved me during drop off and pick up at school.

crl
08-23-2012, 10:16 AM
I never once snapped a car seat into a stroller. I was quite paranoid about the fact that they restrict infant breathing so I only used the car seat in the car. Dd woke up when the car stopped anyway. Fortunately she went right back to sleep when I put her in the stroller or in my pikkolo carrier.

So I vote for just a stoller.

Catherine