PDA

View Full Version : Cute or Ugly Shoes?

Indianamom2
08-20-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm thinking about these for a slightly dressier tennis shoe alternative:

http://www.shoebuy.com/skechers-bikers-fixation/499558#

They were pretty comfy, but are they ugly or cute? Be honest!

SnuggleBuggles
08-20-2012, 02:42 PM
When would you be wearing them? To the gym/ workou- fine. Daily use- nope. Could be because my dad always wears black leather sneakers though. :)

Indianamom2
08-20-2012, 02:47 PM
When would you be wearing them? To the gym/ workou- fine. Daily use- nope. Could be because my dad always wears black leather sneakers though. :)

Oh...don't know what color popped up, but I would be getting them in a very light grey color.

They'd be worn with casual jeans/yoga pants.

SnuggleBuggles
08-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Black with aqua came up. :) Gray= good. :)

babybell
08-20-2012, 02:56 PM
I vote ugly. Sorry. :(

ourbabygirl
08-20-2012, 03:40 PM
I actually had a pair almost just like these (black, same style, Sketchers) about 4 years ago right after I had DD. They're the only shoes I could find at DSW that would work with my orthotics since I had find to a pair of shoes that I could remove the insole from and put in my orthotics (PF).
So while I was o.k. with them at the time (and actually wore them almost every day that fall & winter :bag), I wouldn't pick them out again now, at least not the black ones.

I think the natural or grey are much better looking. Like, not geriatric shoes. ;)
The order of my color choices would be:

Natural
Grey
White
Black

They are actually really comfy and easy to put on, though, and made my life as a SAHM running in & out the door with a new baby very easy. :)
If there were a more 'fall-ish' looking color choice (like tan or dark brown), I might get a pair. Since they don't have that, the natural and grey are cute alternatives, esp. with jeans (not sure how they'd look with shorts).

alootikki
08-20-2012, 03:55 PM
The gray is cute, although a little too shiny. You saw them in person though - I say get them!

TwinFoxes
08-20-2012, 07:34 PM
I vote ugly. Sorry. :(

:yeahthat:

jgenie
08-20-2012, 08:15 PM
I have a pair in brown and a pair in black that I bought when I was pregnant with DS1. They are super comfy. I've been trying to get them out of my closet for a few years now but they still have a lot of life yet so they haven't made the donation pile yet.

Smillow
08-20-2012, 08:18 PM
I know I would not like them on me. I have large feet and they look shiny and like they would emphasize the enormity of my feet. I don't think I would ever classify them as "cute", not ugly perhaps, but definitely not cute. Sorry.:shrug:

Mommy_Mea
08-20-2012, 08:41 PM
I was pondering a similar pair by Puma last year in purple. They were a little less shiny though... I have big feet, and while they were fun and interesting, they did nothing to minimize the size of my feet, so I passed. I only could have worn them with boot cut pants, they wouldn't have looked good with skinny pants, capris, shorts, skirts...