PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Venezia?

chillinoutmaxin
08-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Any opinions? It's an 04.

megv
08-20-2012, 04:22 PM
This was my first stroller. It is actually still sitting in my garage at the moment.

Loved the bassinet, reversible handle, built in step to ride on, easy conversion to seat.

Hated the wonky steering, large size. Was terrible on anything other than smooth surface.

I did get a fair amount of use with newborns sleeping in stroller outside while older kids were playing.

Mine is also an 04.

chillinoutmaxin
08-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Gosh. I wonder if it's much better than the one i have. My current gigantic stroller is a 10 or 12 year old travel system Evenflo Osh Kosh. Do you think it's any better than a typical travel system stroller?

gamma
08-20-2012, 08:34 PM
I was going to suggest the Venezia or Milano to you in your other thread! I think this would be a great option for you to get you through the bassinet stage. I have also seen older children napping in them in amusement parks, since it has a flat recline and a nice foot rest. They also have a nice wide step on each side enabling an older sibling to hitch a ride. The Milano is essentially the same stroller although slightly wider with nicer fabrics. A 2004 should sell for less than $100. The handle reverses so it is rear facing or forward facing. All 4 wheels swivel, so you would lock the wheels closest to the handle so that the forward wheels swivel. The newer models before Perego switched over to the Uno (which replaced the Venezia) had larger wheels with nubby tires. I believe the 2004 had smaller, smoother wheels. They are very sturdy strollers and are real work horses. The only down side is that they work best on smooth surfaces such as the mall and paved surfaces. Broken uneven sidewalks not so much.

chillinoutmaxin
08-20-2012, 11:09 PM
I love the step feature! I really don't do many sidewalks and can't think of many times I've pushed the other kids on uneven ground. I'll think it over for the night. I did call him and express an interest but I can't go see it until Saturday and he's not going to hold it for me.

One thing I like is that I've read it has a truly flat recline. The Uno doesn't, from what I've read. I really don't understand why they don't all just flat recline!

kep
08-20-2012, 11:12 PM
I didn't have a Venezia, but I did have a P3. I also loved the step on it, and found it to be a great stroller. It was my first "nicer" stroller and I thought it was the bees knees. However, after having pushed better strollers, the push is awful on the Pegs, and the Venezia is HEAVY.

rin
08-20-2012, 11:27 PM
This was also my first stroller; it was awesome in many ways (HUGE sunshade, loved the bassinet-to-seat feature, loved the flip handle, loved the step) but the steering was terrible and it weighed a ton. I honestly think that the double all-terrain stroller I have now (Valco Twin) is less of a pain to haul in and out of the car than the Venezia was. If you only need to push it inside or on smooth surfaces, and don't need to fold it up much, then I think the Venezia would be lovely. I would be hesitant to travel with it much, though, because of how heavy and bulky it is.

chillinoutmaxin
08-20-2012, 11:44 PM
How heavy are we talking here? I get frustrated with reviews because some will say how lovely and light weight some fancy schmancy stroller is but it's 24 pounds! That's the size of a travel system!

chillinoutmaxin
08-20-2012, 11:48 PM
I googled it at 18 pounds. ?

rin
08-20-2012, 11:58 PM
Hmmm well I don't have it anymore, and I don't know that I ever weighed it, but IMO, comparing it to other strollers I've loaded, I'd guess somewhere in the low/mid twenties. If I recall correctly, the fold was kind of bulky too, since I just remember hating taking it in/out of the car. Honestly, though, if you're only using it on smooth paved surfaces, and if you don't have to fold/unfold it often, then I think it could be perfect.

ETA: This website (http://strollersandprams.com/strollers/167/Peg-Perego-Venezia/reviews.html) claims that it's 23 lbs, which sounds about right to me.

chillinoutmaxin
08-21-2012, 12:03 AM
I probably will be folding it a lot. I have a van with a low trunk so that could help. Lots of times if we go to the store as a family, dh will push a baby in the stroller and I'll push the next kid up in the cart. So it'll probably live in the trunk but fold, unfold when we go places once a week or so.

Smillow
08-21-2012, 12:45 AM
I have a Milano XL. I couldn't handle the push, but I loved the reversible handle & the bassinet fabric. It was like a bed on wheels & the fold wasn't bad. Flat recline, big basket. I still have it in the basement.

strollerqueen
08-21-2012, 03:05 AM
I think I weighed mine at 22 pounds.

chillinoutmaxin
08-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Should I waste some time looking at it Saturday or skip it? HELP!

mikeys_mom
08-23-2012, 02:50 PM
The Venezia was super popular aorund here when DS was born in 04. Lots of my friends had them. I don't know what type of climate you live in but we are in a pretty snowy area that is rough on strollers - lots of salt and slush on the ground all winter. Lots of my friends had issues with the wheels on their Venezia falling off. I actually had that happen to my Atlantico.

Just something I would watch out for. If you don't live in this type of climate and/or the stroller was used mainly indoors, then I wouldn't worry about that.

chillinoutmaxin
08-23-2012, 02:57 PM
It will be mostly indoors. It's very snowy here but I live in the country so there's really nowhere to walk anyway. If I do use it outside it will be to go from the van though a parkinglot to a building. Do you think that could be an issue?

kep
08-23-2012, 03:25 PM
I don't know... I think there are probably better strollers out there now. The height of the Peg popularity has passed IMO.