PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get twin bed for DS?

lcarlson90
08-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Our 4 year old DS has been in a toddler bed since he turned 3 and I think it's time to move him to a twin. Older DS has a nice Stanley Young America set but frankly I don't think the quality has been great. I also don't really want to spend a fortune on a bedroom set.

Any ideas on where I can get a decent twin bed that will not break the bank? I looked on-line at Ikea but it looks like most of their beds are white. I am looking for maple to dark wood.

curiousgeorge
08-20-2012, 06:11 PM
The IKEA Hemnes series is nice and it comes in dark brown.

WatchingThemGrow
08-20-2012, 08:10 PM
What's been wrong with your Young America set? Ours have been great, and if anything is wrong, the company fixes it promptly without hassle. We have all our stuff from there so we can add to/share between rooms if our boys are together (now) or in different rooms (later)...just something to consider.

crl
08-20-2012, 08:43 PM
When you look at Ikea, make sure you look at all the twin beds, not just in the kids section. They definitely have some wood tone options.

Catherine

Jen841
08-20-2012, 08:46 PM
We bought my co-workers sons' sets used... they are @ 30 and they were downsizing. 30+ year old heavy quality furniture... and 2 full sets that are the same for 2 boys. It was perfect!