PDA

View Full Version : Which party timing would work best for your family?

ourbabygirl
08-20-2012, 08:40 PM
We're having a Halloween party again this year, and since our fall weekends get *so* busy, I'm trying to schedule things out on the calendar. I won't send out the invite until next month, but I'm wondering which option would be most popular for your own family, especially if you have young kids in the 1-5 year old range.

Thanks for your input! :)

ETA: Our guests would be welcome to come when they can and leave when they need to, to accommodate their work schedules, kids' nap and bedtimes, etc. We have food out in the kitchen for them to eat as they get hungry (slow cookers with things like bbq sandwiches, chili, veggie and fruit platters, desserts, drinks, etc.), so no set/ specific 'lunch/ dinner' time.

♥ms.pacman♥
08-20-2012, 08:49 PM
hmm, i think for us (1.5 and 2.5 yos), either of those times would be okay, but the best one would probably be the Saturday one from 4-7pm (i accidentally voted wrong, for the 10am-1pm). Friday night would be next choice. Sunday night things are a bit trickier for us bc often my DH has to travel early the next morning, so it's nice to have things on Saturday or Sunday morning as we get some time to relax as a family after all the fun. the 10am-1pm is okay re: naps but i think for Halloween party it would be more fun at night of course :) also i am not a fan of things that end around noon or 1pm, bc then that means kids fall asleep in the car = skipped nap.

KrisM
08-20-2012, 08:51 PM
I picked Saturday night.

Saturday night is better for us than either Friday night or Sunday night. Friday, the kids are just tired from the week and doing errands, classes, preschool. I find Friday nights are not very fun :). Sunday is just hard with everything starting again on Monday morning.

Saturday mornings for us are soccer and diving classes.

WatchingThemGrow
08-20-2012, 08:54 PM
I picked Friday night. I like the idea of just getting DC dressed and not having to make dinner that night, but to still have the weekend free.

acmom
08-20-2012, 08:56 PM
The 4-7 time frame would work well for our family (with 2 and 4 year old) on either a Sat. or Sun. We often host family parties during this time frame ourselves.

The 10-1 could work too, but gets a little dicier with getting hungry and tired around lunch and naptime.

Friday night would be my last choice bc my husband doesn't get home early enough to do many Friday night activities, so I would have to bring the kids solo.

SnuggleBuggles
08-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Anything other than the Friday night. As a mom of an older kid, that Friday night around Halloween tends to be busy with school functions.