PDA

View Full Version : Are the price of Legos going up?

katydid1971
08-20-2012, 11:28 PM
For the last few years I have bought myself the Winter Village Lego each Christmas. They have been in the $50s and $60s range. This year's is $99. It doesn't seem much large or more impressive than previous years. Is this a sign that the price of Legos is going to start to up big time?
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Winter-Village-Cottage-10229

ett
08-20-2012, 11:45 PM
I was pretty shocked at that price too when I saw it online a while ago. I don't even like it as much as the ones from previous years.

oneplustwo
08-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Oh dear Lord, I hope not. I have a DS who has decided the gazillion specialized Lego pieces he has from all his Star Wars and HP sets are not enough, as now he needs bricks, many, many bricks, in order to build lots and lots and lots of buildings. In fact, he also hopes to buy a house that will contain his Lego creations in every space of that house, and even have a Lego studio attached to make said creations, although the house purchase can wait until he grows up. So I really and truly and fervently hope that Lego prices are not going up!

alien_host
08-21-2012, 03:48 PM
They pretty much have gone up in price since it was first released, but this year it is cheaper per piece. ;)

Winter Toy Shop $59.99 815 pieces - 7 minifigs 7.361 cents per piece
Winter Bakery $54.99 687 pieces - 7 minifigs 8.004 cents per piece
Winter Post Office $69.99 822 pieces - 7 minifigs 8.515 cents per piece
Winter Cottage $99.99 1490 pieces - 8 minifigs 6.71 cents per piece

abh5e8
09-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Oh dear Lord, I hope not. I have a DS who has decided the gazillion specialized Lego pieces he has from all his Star Wars and HP sets are not enough, as now he needs bricks, many, many bricks, in order to build lots and lots and lots of buildings. In fact, he also hopes to buy a house that will contain his Lego creations in every space of that house, and even have a Lego studio attached to make said creations, although the house purchase can wait until he grows up. So I really and truly and fervently hope that Lego prices are not going up!

last fall/winter walmart had a HUGE set of bricks...1600, for I think $19.99. i'd look for a deal like that again this year!

oneplustwo
09-03-2012, 09:47 PM
That's a great tip, thank you! Now all I have to do is cross my fingers that he gives up on his idea of asking Santa for a kayak or canoe and goes back to requesting Legos. :)