PDA

View Full Version : Sesame Place Question

njk07
08-21-2012, 01:41 PM
We are deciding whether we should do one day or two days at Sesame Place. We have a 5-year old and a 2-year old and we are going with 4 of my son’s friends from daycare. Any advice? Is there really a lot to do that we should do two days?

Also, for those in the area, our friend said that they got their season pass tickets last year at half the price (almost the same as a single ticket). Have you heard of such a deal? If yes, do they do this every year?

Thanks.

rachelh
08-21-2012, 03:02 PM
We usually do Sesame for one day. We did go for two days once but didn’t spend the whole day there the second day – after a few hours there on the second day we were done. I think it really depends on the lines also. If you have long lines, then you probably won’t get to most things in one day but then do you really want to be there a second day also dealing with the lines? One of the best tips I have is to get there early – like at opening time. You will have barely any lines for a couple of hours until the crowd comes in. Also, make sure the weather is good – sunny and warm. We went once and it was in the mid 70’s but totally overcast – I went on one water ride and was miserable and freezing the rest of time.

There are other things to do in the area if you decide to stay in the area but not do Sesame both days – The Touch Museum is supposed to be great and Crayola Factory is also in the area (I think.)

njk07
08-21-2012, 03:10 PM
We usually do Sesame for one day. We did go for two days once but didn’t spend the whole day there the second day – after a few hours there on the second day we were done. I think it really depends on the lines also. If you have long lines, then you probably won’t get to most things in one day but then do you really want to be there a second day also dealing with the lines? One of the best tips I have is to get there early – like at opening time. You will have barely any lines for a couple of hours until the crowd comes in. Also, make sure the weather is good – sunny and warm. We went once and it was in the mid 70’s but totally overcast – I went on one water ride and was miserable and freezing the rest of time.

There are other things to do in the area if you decide to stay in the area but not do Sesame both days – The Touch Museum is supposed to be great and Crayola Factory is also in the area (I think.)

Great tips! Thank you! We'll probably go to the Camden Aquarium a day before or after Sesame Place.

lizzywednesday
08-21-2012, 03:16 PM

You can get a combination ticket to Sesame Place and Please Touch at the Sesame Place website.

Crayola Factory is in Easton, which is more north than Langhorne/Middle Township. I'm sure there's a more direct way to get there than the one I've got in my head but I wouldn't say Easton is exactly "nearby."

Please Touch is in Philly, which is a straight shot on I-95 south. Depending on traffic, the exits to Center City Philly are roughly 30-ish minutes past the Sesame Place exits.

If you're planning to be in the area for two days, Please Touch is a good option, as is the Adventure Aquarium on the Riverfront in Camden or a Trenton Thunder game at Riverfront Park in Trenton, which is roughly 15 minutes away off US1, depending on traffic.

As for Season Passes ... I'm not sure if there's a half-price sale currently, but if you live in the area and would be coming back frequently, the 2013 season passes are now on sale and they give you admission to the park for the remainder of the 2012 season.