PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching True Blood?

Fairy
08-21-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm devastated that Bookie are not happening this season.
I'm devastated the Bill appears to have truly drank the kool-ade.
I love this season SO much more than last season.
Sam & Luna are awesome.
Luna's former MIL is awesome.
I heart Jason & Jessica so much.
Jessica broke my heart when she glammored Hoyt, and she deserves a frakkin' Emmy for that scene ALONE.
I love the make up sex scene with Eric and his sister. It was so layered and so revealing of who Eric really is. I love Eric. Alot.
Lafayette is THE BEST.
There's only one episode left, what the HELL are they gonna do to wrap it up?

Anyone else in love this season?

queenmama
08-21-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm devastated that Bookie are not happening this season.
I'm devastated the Bill appears to have truly drank the kool-ade.
I love this season SO much more than last season.
Sam & Luna are awesome.
Luna's former MIL is awesome.
I heart Jason & Jessica so much.
Jessica broke my heart when she glammored Hoyt, and she deserves a frakkin' Emmy for that scene ALONE.
I love the make up sex scene with Eric and his sister. It was so layered and so revealing of who Eric really is. I love Eric. Alot.
Lafayette is THE BEST.
There's only one episode left, what the HELL are they gonna do to wrap it up?

Anyone else in love this season?

Yes, I'm watching! I'm actually in the middle of the last episode right now! This season is much better than last (hated the Marnie storyline) or the one with the maenad (though the end was pretty epic).

Dafuq is going on with Bill? I don't get it.

Hoyt broke my heart, as did Jason's reaction. I really love Hoyt so I'm sad he won't be around. I'm a Hoyt/Jessica shipper, sorry!

I love that Andy found love!

Sam & Lafeyette are my favorites.. other than Eric. :D

ETA: And Pam! Love!

gatorsmom
08-21-2012, 03:45 PM
DH and I were just discussing this the other day. I just can't watch it. It seems all over the place. I can't get into it. He agreed. Makes me sad because I lovvvvvved it so much before. :(

queenmama
08-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Oh, I forgot...

I do not like the religion part of this season, but even less do I like what they're doing with Alcide. His dad isn't the man from the books, which means any hope if Quinn appearing on the show is slim.

Really, I don't understand why they deviate so far from the books. There's so much good stuff in there!

BabyBearsMom
08-21-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm half and half this season:

Love Jessica and Jason this season (not necessarily together, but I think the characters are both good)
Love Tara and Pam story line. I used to hate Tara so this is a big turn around for me
Really disappointed that they killed Roman so early, I was really into his character
Loving all the naked Alcide scenes but wishing he had more plot and sad that they kind of skipped over the whole Sookie/Alcide relationship
Not crazy about the whole Lilith plot line
Not crazy about the Warlow plot line (did anyone else think the image of him in the air in Sookie's bathroom was very reminiscent of Nightmare on Elm Street?)
Not crazy about fairies in general
Make up sex scene with Nora and Eric was greatly missing naked Eric

Mopey
08-21-2012, 05:27 PM
This season is AHHHHMAZING now that they've stopped with all the annoying sex scenes (I mean, my hubby and I refer to them as icicle d!cks. How is that hot & sexy??? I just keep thinking they're cold.....except Alcide. Oh my.).

And Lafayette is THE BEST! love love love everything happening and I almost screamed when Russel took Emma! So sad it's almost over but we get to catch up on Sunday since we just got back from vacation :-)

Yay for this thread! And yay for having a few minutes to respond!!:bighand:

Edit: fyi I have not read any of the books.

Raidra
08-21-2012, 11:06 PM
I have a lot of mixed feelings about this season. This season and last season were fairly disappointing for me, but there are still things I like about it.

I was surprised to like Tara's storyline, as I'd always found her really annoying. I dunno if it's that she's always with Pam, or what. I like Pam a lot.

As always, Lafayette's awesome. Sam's fantastic, too. Jason and Andy are entertaining.

Not liking: Terry's vengeful ghost, Lillith, Fairies, Alcide (I like him, but not his story line right now).. um.. probably some other stuff, too.

Mostly I don't care that they change things from the books because I'm not attached to the stories as much as I am to the characters, and the ones that I like are pretty similar in the show, even if they're in different situations. But I'm disappointed that they most likely won't include Niall, 'cause I'd like to see that (obviously).

KHF
08-22-2012, 07:10 AM
I do not like the religion part of this season, but even less do I like what they're doing with Alcide. His dad isn't the man from the books, which means any hope if Quinn appearing on the show is slim.

Really, I don't understand why they deviate so far from the books. There's so much good stuff in there!

:yeahthat: I :heartbeat: Joe Manganiello, but I hate what they are doing to Alcide's character. I find the werewolves in the series to be so...well, ew.

I love urban fantasy/paranormal romance books and the Sookie Stackhouse books were one of the series that got me hooked on the genre. The books have tons of great storylines in them, but True Blood has gone so far off the rails that it doesn't even really resemble the books any more.

I also dislike the fairies and how they've changed that whole thing up. There have been parts of this season that I liked, but for the most part I find myself cringing. A lot. I do like Jason and Jessice together. I think that mostly has to do with the actors that play them doing a lot with what they are given though.

I hate the whole Lilith thing and if I have to see that ick-inducing chick clothed only in blood and pubic hair again I might lose it. :banghead:

marymoo86
08-22-2012, 08:33 AM
:yeahthat: I :heartbeat: Joe Manganiello, but I hate what they are doing to Alcide's character. I find the werewolves in the series to be so...well, ew.

I love urban fantasy/paranormal romance books and the Sookie Stackhouse books were one of the series that got me hooked on the genre. The books have tons of great storylines in them, but True Blood has gone so far off the rails that it doesn't even really resemble the books any more.

I also dislike the fairies and how they've changed that whole thing up. There have been parts of this season that I liked, but for the most part I find myself cringing. A lot. I do like Jason and Jessice together. I think that mostly has to do with the actors that play them doing a lot with what they are given though.

I hate the whole Lilith thing and if I have to see that ick-inducing chick clothed only in blood and pubic hair again I might lose it. :banghead:

:yeahthat:

Lafayette is awesome and glad that he was kept around. Dislike this Lilith development and think the "war" that was in the books much more believable. It feels like this is almost a pass through season to get to something better.

psimpson3-5
08-22-2012, 09:58 AM

:yeahthat:

I haven't read the books.

The Lilith plot line is really getting on my nerves. I apologize if this bugs some - but I'm no fan of religious zealots!

Lafayette rules! However I felt genuinely bad over the loss of Jesus and when his ghost reappeared it made me feel so upset that Jesus is gone. The loss of Hoyt is also very saddening.

The "KKK" for the supernatural plot line was interesting. I also enjoyed finally learning why Terry's so insane, however I could do without the fire monster taking up so many episodes.

Pam's awesome this season. I also enjoy Tara and Pam together.

I sincerely wish more could have developed between Alcide and Sookie.

This Warlow nonsense is going to drive me crazy. I think the story line is annoying at best.

Fairy
08-22-2012, 11:38 AM
The Warlo stuff bugs me, definitely not my thing. but eveyrthing esle is great. I did love seeing all the Terry story. He is great. Love him and Arlene.

Was also sad to see Jesus go, he was so good for Lafayette. But he's with him. And he said "everything is temporary," which gave me some comfort in losing him! I still don't get how Lafayette got away from the nutso grandfather guy. I mean, I know the pregnant wife killed him, I get it. But where did that come from? She was under his thumb, too, and just looking for an opportunity? I'm just kind of confuzzled there.

I love Vamp Tara. Much much better than whiney Tara. I like her much better this way. And her with Pam in a mother/daughter kind of thing I like alot. I hope they don't go the route of pairing them up, cuz I don't like them that way. I don't like Eric and Pam that way, either. I do love Eric and his sister together. Alot.

The fairies are ok for me. I don't care that much one way or the other. I jsut want my Bookie. And I don't think I"m going to get them. Other than the one scene in the meat market where he fake glammored her, which was tender and sweet without any words and only with his look, it seems we won't get any Bookie.

queenmama
08-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Have you guys watched the season finale? I just finished it. Wow. Wow, wow, wow.

I won't spoil anything for those that haven't watched yet, but it must be said: Eric has never looked hotter than he did in the opening scene. Manic, triumphant revenge looks good on him. :D

Without giving anything away, I just have to say I'm reeling from that ending!!!! :eek:

icunurse
08-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Lol. I made a similar comment about Eric last night! I didn't think that they would be able to wrap up so much storyline in an hour, but they did. And it was better than the rest if the season! Least favorite part? The ending...I kinda wanted a little more closure, but I guess that is for next season :). Won't say more now, as I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

queenmama
08-27-2012, 08:23 AM
They did cover a whooooole lot of ground!

Almost as crazy as the ending? Andy Bellefleur's situation. Whoa.

Fairy
08-27-2012, 10:35 AM
SPOILERS WITHIN -->

I guess Warlo will pick up next season

I'm thinking those ghosts talking to Jason are not his parents. Poor Jessica, she finally realizes she loves him, and he rejects her. Ugh.

I dunno if I'm more annoyed with Mirella or Andy. I loved Andy and his girlfriend, this is so unfair! But wow, four girls. And I love the drunk woman asking, "when did Andy Bellfleur become so hot?!" Hahaha! He was darn cute, wasn't he? And why did Mirella choose him to father her babies? And what's with the orgasmic delivery? I'm not sure I like THESE fairies. Which is disappointing cuz I love fairies. Hrmph. But still, like this SL :-)

I am overjoyed that they wrapped up Russell so quickly before the credits, cuz I was DONE with him. Yay!! And that Eric got to do it was poetically exactly correct.

I am heartbroken with the Bookie situation. Which is, clearly, non-existent. Sob! SOB! But the closeness of Eric and Sookie is awesome. And when Pam sees Eric finally for the first time, that was so great. Ultimately, Pam only has eyes for him, even if that relationship is completely undefined in terms we understand. But I love Eric & Sookie, now. I don't, necessarily, want them together, cuz I like him better with Nora. But I love their friendship, I really do. And his protectiveness of her.

But Bill ... BILL?! What did you do? Taht damned Lilith demon thingie really got you by the balls, didn't it? He will be saved, he must be. Maybe that'll be most of next season, saving Bill from that Lilith thing.

What ever are they going to do now that the Authority is no more?

Sam & Luna were great. Hoping she survives.

Mopey
08-27-2012, 10:40 AM
I know!!! The hubby and I were like whaaaaaaaaaattt???!!?!?!?!

We've never read the books but were saying we've enjoyed this season so much as it has been chock full of action.

Loved Alcide taking back the pack. Loved the drunks watching the fairy - FOUR girls!! Holy moly! Loved Eric getting revenge. Loved all of it.

Terrified for them stuck in the authority and cannot believe Bill!!! Loved it when Eric just said,

RUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

And now next season will take forever because Anna Paquin is having twins!! Boooooo ;)

Fairy
08-27-2012, 10:42 AM
She's having TWINS?! Wow.

Mopey
08-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Yes! She and Bill in real life. Does that make you feel better even if Bookie seems over? :)

kaharris83
08-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Yes! She and Bill in real life. Does that make you feel better even if Bookie seems over? :)

I told DH they were going to have to kill Bill off so someone can stay home and take care of their twins. Sookie is too entwined in all the storylines. :)

queenmama
08-27-2012, 11:54 AM
I told DH they were going to have to kill Bill off so someone can stay home and take care of their twins. Sookie is too entwined in all the storylines. :)

I was totally okay with that when I thought that that was what happened! Sookie + Eric (moreso in the books, but I just need him to always be a major player since I love him so hard!)!!! Dang you, Lilith Bill!!!

Raidra
08-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Have you guys watched the season finale? I just finished it. Wow. Wow, wow, wow.

I won't spoil anything for those that haven't watched yet, but it must be said: Eric has never looked hotter than he did in the opening scene. Manic, triumphant revenge looks good on him. :D

Without giving anything away, I just have to say I'm reeling from that ending!!!! :eek:

I'm pretty sure I yelled, "Sookie, fling yourself at that man NOW!" He looked awesome in that scene. Loved him at the end, too. Well, I love him all around, so whatever. :)

I'd always said that I didn't mind how much they deviated from the books, but the finale was a little too much for me, specifically the Bill-dying-and-being-reborn-from-goo part. I mean, the books are always pretty clear that the vampires are actually dead people, and I'm sorry, but you can't form a dead body out of a puddle of blood (yes, I know you also can't turn dead people into vampires, so it's kind of stupid to nit-pick the realism in fantasy). I was really expecting it to be something about the blood being hallucinogenic somehow, like someone had spiked it with something.. and this whole Lillith thing was all in their heads. The actual version kind of sucks.

Definitely liked Alcide taking back the pack, but I wish they hadn't changed his voice so much when he was on V.

Fairy
08-27-2012, 12:18 PM

I do love my real life couples! I thought Anna was REALLY showing in a couple eps. Not sure what that shooting schedule was, but she went from flat tummy to full-on hide via creative camera angles QUICK.

I refuse to believe Bookie is over. Not until you have to pry the concept out of my cold, dead, cancelled series hands! I shall pine for the day they redeem him and get them back!

Fairy
08-27-2012, 12:21 PM
I dunno, to me, Lilith was clearly some kind of demon, not an actual god. I see her more like I did the maenad, nudgeying in by masquerading as something she's not in order to be who she really is and take over. I was happy to see everyone in the Authority go, pretty much, tho. I could have kept the big black dude, tho, I liked him. And Roman. OOOOH, how I want Roman back.

queenmama
08-27-2012, 12:43 PM
I dunno, to me, Lilith was clearly some kind of demon, not an actual god. I see her more like I did the maenad, nudgeying in by masquerading as something she's not in order to be who she really is and take over. I was happy to see everyone in the Authority go, pretty much, tho. I could have kept the big black dude, tho, I liked him. And Roman. OOOOH, how I want Roman back.

You might be right about Lilith, and I hope it doesn't take a whole season to get rid of her or the Bill version of her.

And ITA about Roman. How could they saddle us with Russell for that many seasons but get rid of Roman so quickly? Boo!!! :thumbdown:

Mopey
08-27-2012, 01:16 PM
I didn't think Alcide's voice was so different....but glad it didn't get chaotic with the V.

Would love to have Roman back - thought he was great! But I loved Russell too. Will never forget his scene at the news desk :eek:

And yes! I was totally okay thinking Bill was a goner. Don't know about this twist.....but I guess they need a bad guy.

Loved Luna and Sam. Hope she survives. LOVED how he blew up the Authority lady! Wowza.

BabyBearsMom
08-27-2012, 01:54 PM
I thought Vampire rebirth was kind of lame and totally illogical. I agree that Lilith seems like a demon more than a god. Eric was super mega foxy hot this episode. I liked how Sam killed the authority lady and I'm glad that Russel is dead. I did really like Tara and Pam together. I think that Andy with 4 daughters sounds like a bad 80s comedy "Four Little Ladies and a Dad!"

VClute
08-28-2012, 12:41 AM
I thought the fairy's heel-stretch and soprano during birth was HILARIOUS.

Eric - oh, my.

Bill-from-goo-thing - WHAAT?!! What a great cliff-hanger!

NOT digging Jason's anti-vamp redneckiness at the end. His parents sounded an awful lot like the Obamas. Maybe fairies inspired the Obamas?

Love the Pam/Tara thing. So nice to see Pam developed more.

psimpson3-5
08-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Has anyone watched this?!?

http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2012/08/27/13507032-true-blood-takes-another-bite-with-post-finale-bonus-scene?lite