PDA

View Full Version : What Food Baggage/Storage are you sending with DC to school?

ha98ed14
08-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Not sure how I over looked this, but I did. School starts Monday. DD will need:

AM Snack -She's in Early Bird K
Lunch -She will eat immediately after school at the on-school-site aftercare program.
PM Snack -Some days she will be there as late as 4:30. The aftercare does have a snack time although it is optional.

Should I send two lunch bags? One for lunch and one for snacks? Put it all in her lunch box and rely on her to leave some for later? I'm not sure DD understands the concept of "going without now because resources are limited and we will need some later..."

anonomom
08-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Last year, I would send DD1's lunch in the main compartment of her lunch bag and her afternoon snack in the outside pocket of it. I just made sure to explain it to her the first day, and she never had a problem.

Kindra178
08-21-2012, 09:07 PM
I sent ds1's lunch and water bottle/milk box (not snack) in his lunch box. At his school, kinder is full day and the lunch boxes get carted to the cafeteria in huge bins in the am and get returned later in the day. We put his am snack in a snack taxi type cloth bag in the front pocket of his backpack. For the days he did after school on site programming, I sent another snack taxi in the front pocket of his backpack. I also send a second water bottle that sits in the classroom and he puts in the outside pocket of his backpack. So yes, some days it was two snacks, lunch and two water bottles!

kristenk
08-21-2012, 09:08 PM
I never had to send snacks, but I think separating everything out would be useful. Put lunch in lunchbox. Put snacks in two separate containers that go in the outside pocket of the backpack (or similar place). She can pick which snack she wants when, but lunch doesn't get messed with.

ha98ed14
08-21-2012, 09:16 PM
I sent ds1's lunch and water bottle/milk box (not snack) in his lunch box. At his school, kinder is full day and the lunch boxes get carted to the cafeteria in huge bins in the am and get returned later in the day. We put his am snack in a snack taxi type cloth bag in the front pocket of his backpack. For the days he did after school on site programming, I sent another snack taxi in the front pocket of his backpack. I also send a second water bottle that sits in the classroom and he puts in the outside pocket of his backpack. So yes, some days it was two snacks, lunch and two water bottles!

Could you link to the bags you used for snack? Thank you!!! And the water bottle...

new_mommy25
08-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Lunch in lunch box. Snacks in front pocket of back pack.

KrisM
08-21-2012, 10:30 PM
For DD, the teacher requested a separate bag for snacks, so I did that. DS1's snack went in the front of the lunch bag.

On days they have after school things, they get 2 snacks and I put both snacks together and just remind them that one is for later. They can pick which to eat when.

Kindra178
08-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Could you link to the bags you used for snack? Thank you!!! And the water bottle...

http://www.reuseit.com/store/snacktaxi-c-68.html?ne_ppc_id=1380&ne_key_id=15272112&ne_sadid=11631222242&gclid=CMeZhMCd-rECFcMUKgodCicAtw

There are others too. Etsy seller astitchofmine also has cute ones.

For water bottles, ds1 takes a funtainer, kleen kanteen or camelback.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_4?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=funtainer&sprefix=Funt%2Caps%2C282