PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Bunn Coffee Maker?

moonsky
08-22-2012, 12:08 AM
I don't drink coffee but Dh does. I need to buy one for him and was told that Bunn is the brand to go. I heard that the professional one is better as the home one normally leaks. Any experience with any Bunn? Any other brands to consider? TIA!

blisstwins
08-22-2012, 12:46 AM
search the boards. I think Bill did and his experience was negative.

queenmama
08-22-2012, 12:52 AM
We have their 8-cup HG Phase Brew and love it, use it daily, it's awesome that the water is boiled before brewing, etc.

BUT, the carafe feels flimsy for a product at this price, and it will "leak"/overpour if you go too quickly. It might be worth getting the insulated one?

moonsky
08-22-2012, 12:54 AM
search the boards. I think Bill did and his experience was negative.

I did see Bill's thread but the one he go was the one for home. I was thinking about getting the professional one from Costco.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10018594&search=coffee&Mo=56&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=coffee&Ntt=coffee&No=54&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

okinawama
08-22-2012, 08:38 AM
My mother in law has one ( not sure which one) and raves about it. She uses it at her lake house because they get a lot of visitors out there so she makes tons of coffee, she doesn't have on in her home where she is the only coffee drinker. There is no way I could spend that kind of money on it for a one coffee drinker household.

larig
08-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Everyone in my home town has a Bunn for drip coffee. They used to be made in my home town. My parents' is 40 or 50 years old.

TwinFoxes
08-22-2012, 10:13 AM
My ILs had one forever. So long that when people come over now, they notice is she got a new coffee maker! My niece is 16, and the coffee maker was older than she is

snowbunnies300
08-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Longest coffee maker I have ever owned is a Bunn. We recently replaced ours and it was about 9 years old. A piece broke off in the inside of the machine somehow. DN make coffee and the next time we tried to make coffee we had water everywhere and when we picked up the machine heard a rattle.

I went out and bought another Bunn the same day. We really like how quickly it makes coffee. DH is a heavy coffee drinker so we wanted a machine that lasts longer than 6 months to a year. We have the home version I think. Purchased at Walmart because Target only had a white model and I wanted black.

BillK
08-22-2012, 10:54 AM
I did see Bill's thread but the one he go was the one for home. I was thinking about getting the professional one from Costco.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10018594&search=coffee&Mo=56&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=coffee&Ntt=coffee&No=54&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

I think the design of the lid/turn-on feature is better on EVERY Bunn than the one we got. I still won't have one in my house again after all that mess though. :-)