PDA

View Full Version : Another bite picture question

flashy09
08-22-2012, 12:02 PM
I didn't want to hijack the other bite thread, but it made me really nervous reading it. My baby had two bites with rings around them a few weeks ago. I took pictures and worried, but they were much less red by the next day and she seemed fine. We have lots of mosquitos around and I assumed that was the problem. But now I am really scared I did the wrong thing not taking her in. Does it look like a bullseye rash? She had and has no symptoms of anything. Should I be on the lookout for anything in particular?

TwoBees
08-22-2012, 12:16 PM
That looks more like ringworm than the other poster's photo did, but I'm not certain. Are the rashes scaly?

mctlaw
08-22-2012, 12:20 PM
IMO mosquito bites on little kids can get kind of big and swollen like that, not that I'm an expert by any stretch.

Cute chubby thighs though!

MamaMolly
08-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Those look more like mosquito bites to me than the other thread. The outside edge of the outside ring is darker, which gives it a bull's eye IMO. I think you are ok.

KLD313
08-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Brown recluse bites are bad and get worse fast. My dad had to have a huge lump lanced when he got bit by one and had a raging infection. I doubt thats what it is.

SkyrMommy
08-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Those look more like mosquito bites to me than the other thread. The outside edge of the outside ring is darker, which gives it a bull's eye IMO. I think you are ok.

:yeahthat: The images look just like what my skin and DD's react like to mosquitos. I think you're fine.

Fairy
08-22-2012, 12:38 PM
I had the same worry a few weeks ago, and my guy's bites looked just like that -- only bigger. I will worry in the future and probably post pix again, but my experience was that the BBB was right about mine, and they were mosquito bites. Really nasty. Not their father's oldsmobile of bites these days.

flashy09
08-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Thank you! They were much reduced and less red the next day and disappeared shortly after. But reading the other thread just made me nervous, thanks for the reassurance!