PDA

View Full Version : StubHub Question

rachelh
08-22-2012, 07:30 PM
I got an email today that The Fresh Beat Band is adding another show for when they come to my area because all the other shows are sold out. I was a little bummed that I missed tickets for the other shows as the new date did not work us. I decided I will check out stubhub.com (I have never used the site before) and there are hundreds of tickets for each show available. I don't get how this ticket works. People buy tickets and resell them on stubhub? How can there be such varying prices for seats so close to each other? And how do I know if the seller is legitimate?

pinkmomagain
08-22-2012, 07:46 PM
I've never had a problem with StubHub and I believe if there is something wrong with the tix (like they won't let you into the venue), StubHub arranges new seats for you.

Tix vary in price because the sellers can set the prices at whatever they want. Prices tend to go down closer to the show. Sometimes the seller plays with the price at checkout though. When that happened to me, I forfeited the tix till I got the price I wanted. That was the same day of the show though.

jess_g
08-22-2012, 08:46 PM
I looked into getting one direction tickets on stub hub for my dd. There are a lot of complaints about people selling fake tickets. It sounds like if your tickets are fake you will not be let into the show, but you can complain to stubhub and get your money back. I would not risk the disappointment of finding the tickets fake at the show and at the comcast center you cannot tell if the tickets are real or not until you try to use them at the concert. But other people might have different ideas.

Eta this is one website with complaints about fake tickets

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/entertainment/stubhub.html

musicalgrl
08-22-2012, 08:56 PM
We've used StubHub several times in the past and haven't had a problem.

amatahrain
08-22-2012, 09:00 PM
I used them for Kelly Clarkson and Michael Buble tickets. I got 3rd row Kelly seats and 5th row Michael seats both at GREAT prices compared to every other ticket site.

I was worried sick that they'd turn out to be fake but in both cases there was another show in a nearby city coming up that I could have gone to after getting a refund (or hopefully getting a refund). I'm sure I would have had crappy seats though.

wellyes
08-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Yes, most tickets are sold to 3rd party people who resell. Modern concert system (and sports, too, in my city). It sucks.