PDA

View Full Version : Navy handbag - how versatile?

jgenie
08-22-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm eyeing one of the bags in the Kate Spade sale (http://www.katespade.com/designer-handbags/leather-handbags/wellesley-quinn/WKRU1428,default,pd.html?dwvar_WKRU1428_color=856&start=7&cgid=sample-sale). I like the navy but wonder how versatile it will be. What colors can I wear it with? Which colors would I have to avoid wearing it with? TIA

SnuggleBuggles
08-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Aesthetically, I love the (a) navy bag. I have been considering that, green or blue. But, practically, I couldn't decide how it would really pan out in my wardrobe. I wasn't sure if it'd be on the dull side with jeans- too much blue? I love blue so I wear a lot of it. :) My issues aside, I think it is really versatile. Navy seems like a neutral to me.

ourbabygirl
08-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I'm not a navy purse sort of a girl (maybe partly because I never see them, but mostly because I wear too much black & brown, and think it would clash with those).
But the one you picked out is really classy and timeless, and it seems like it would work well for any season. The other colors they have are very summery, so it's nice that the navy seems like it could carry you into fall, at least, if not winter, too (and would be great for spring with all the nautical colors then), and again into summer.

I'm not good at mixing colors (like the new trend with the color pop jeans; I'm pretty boring and don't know how to wear some colors on top with another color on bottom). But maybe someone else could weigh in on the usefulness of navy. I think it could be really pretty with creams, beiges, maybe even silver/ grey/ metallics in your clothes.

Let us know what you decide! :)

wallawala
08-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Navy is def a neutral and can go with anything. Other navy pieces are hardest to mix with, IMHO.

Navy with blue, teal or green can be stunning.
Navy with white or tan is preppy classic.
Navy with brown is easy and versatile.
Navy with black is classy, but takes planning to look purposeful.

Great looking bag. Wish I hadn't seen this, I'm jonesin' for a new bag now!!!

tarnator
08-23-2012, 12:32 AM
How 'matchy' are you?

Personally, I don't really care if my purse matches my clothes. I think of it almost as an unrelated accessory. :hysterical: So if I like the purse, I just use it! Having said that, all of my purses are either brown, black or metallic. I would consider navy to be pretty neutral though too - so if you love it, go for it!

mjmamma
08-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Navy is def a neutral and can go with anything. Other navy pieces are hardest to mix with, IMHO.

Navy with blue, teal or green can be stunning.
Navy with white or tan is preppy classic.
Navy with brown is easy and versatile.
Navy with black is classy, but takes planning to look purposeful.

Great looking bag. Wish I hadn't seen this, I'm jonesin' for a new bag now!!!

:yeahthat: Great alternative to 'safe' black

jgenie
08-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Thanks for all the replies - I bought the bag now just waiting for it to arrive. :)