PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a really good non-slip silicone case for my android phone?

jerseygirl07067
08-22-2012, 11:15 PM
All the ones I've seen, including the Otterboxes are too smooth feeling to me. I am looking for a textured silicone case that won't slip out of my hand. My work android phone has a textured silicone cover and I love it - however it attracts lint and I think the new ones are smoother to avoid this, but they all feel too slippery to me.

I just got a new HTC One X which is one of the larger Android phones. There's a limited amount of accessories in stores for it, though a lot more online, but it's hard to tell without seeing or feeling it in your hand.

I've looked at a bunch of sites but figured I'd turn to my favorite forum for help! I need to get one asap, it's driving me nuts not to have anything on it. And I'm sick of tired of looking at all of the websites, lol.

kwc
08-22-2012, 11:38 PM
I have an iPhone but I like Speck cases for their durability (and I have a CandyShell Satin which is nonslip) as I am prone to dropping phones.

They have a couple that would fit your phone and are made to be nonslip:
http://www.speckproducts.com/smartphone-cases/htc.html

jerseygirl07067
08-23-2012, 12:03 AM
That is helpful. I like the red Pixelskin one, though it's for the HTC One V which I think is a bit smaller. I like the little pixel type pattern to make it more nonslip.

So the Candy satin ones are pretty grippy? I might consider these if I cannot find what I'm looking for. Thanks so much!

jerseygirl07067
08-23-2012, 12:44 AM
I think I just found what I'm looking for....there's a basic gel skin on the htc and at&t site that is very textured and grippy. Rather boring, but at least I can get it in red. :)

MichelleRC
08-23-2012, 06:43 AM
I love my Trident case, No time to post a link, but I got it on Amazon. Best case I have ever had.

jam224
08-24-2012, 02:22 AM
I love, love, love my Casemate phone case! I also have an HTC smartphone. Here's the one for your model: http://www.case-mate.com/HTC-One-X-Cases/Case-Mate-HTC-One-X-XL-Tough-Case.asp. It's textured and definitely doesn't collect lint. I've had mine for over a year now and it's going strong! :thumbsup:

jerseygirl07067
08-26-2012, 01:28 PM
I love, love, love my Casemate phone case! I also have an HTC smartphone. Here's the one for your model: http://www.case-mate.com/HTC-One-X-Cases/Case-Mate-HTC-One-X-XL-Tough-Case.asp. It's textured and definitely doesn't collect lint. I've had mine for over a year now and it's going strong! :thumbsup:

I love my Trident case, No time to post a link, but I got it on Amazon. Best case I have ever had.

Great! I will check those out. Do they add a lot of bulk to your phone? I did find an Otterbox that was 50% off at the AT&T store...it was the Defender one that is more grippy than the Commuter series which is the one I tried and felt slippy with. It does protect the phone but makes it bulkier, so I might return it and try one of those.

I like the fun colors too!

pastrygirl
08-26-2012, 02:54 PM
I really like my Diztronic Glitterflex case for my Razr Maxx. I have the smokey glitter color, but I don't see it for the HTC One X. I don't like slippery cases or ones that attract lint; it's not bulky at all and feels perfect!

DebbieJ
08-26-2012, 03:04 PM
I have an Otterbox Defender for my iPhone and it is plenty "grippy." My phone has been dropped repeatedly and is as good as new. :)

jam224
08-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Great! I will check those out. Do they add a lot of bulk to your phone? I did find an Otterbox that was 50% off at the AT&T store...it was the Defender one that is more grippy than the Commuter series which is the one I tried and felt slippy with. It does protect the phone but makes it bulkier, so I might return it and try one of those.

I like the fun colors too!

The Casemate is actually quite slim for the protection/security it provides! It's not bulky at all. It does make the phone a little bit thicker, but that's because it's providing a lip around the screen (so you can place your phone face down on a surface without fear of your screen getting scratched). My impression is that it's slim like the Commuter series of Otterbox, but it's definitely grippy, so hopefully it'll work for you!