PDA

View Full Version : best double for public transportation?

hapimommy
08-23-2012, 02:54 AM
Does anyone have a double they would recommend for public transportation? I guess a one piece fold, light enough to manuver folded, my ds is 40 lbs 40 inches, dd is close to 20 lbs. I was contemplating using muni and the bus more often since ds loves the bus, but i just don't know how I would handle it. Dd still needs to nap twice during the day, and really struggles to sleep in the carrier, and ds still gets tired and needs a seat. Anyone do this at least once a week?

We currently have a mbduo, but the thought of folding it and dragging it onto the bus really scares me! We also have a jane powertwin, which would be the front runner for it's narrowness, and ability to roll while folded, so I would roll it up steps, and the air tires would be awesome at our destination, but is there something even better?

We also have a few boards, but ds really needs to be strapped in sometimes! I need the push to be okay with the two different weights. (I have heard that umbrella twin strollers often do not push well with such different weights in the seats.)

I would love to keep the budget under 300, so used is perfectly fine for me.

Thanks in advance for all of your collective wisdom.

elektra
08-23-2012, 03:06 AM
I think all doubles are beasts but I hated taking the BOB on any kind of public transportation. So I am not sure which is the best but it is definitely not the BOB! (Awesome push though!)

roseyloxs
08-23-2012, 05:31 AM
I am not sure you are going to do better then the powertwin truthfully. Good Luck.

hihellonikki
08-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Maybe the Valco Zee Two? It's over your budget though.

arivecchi
08-23-2012, 02:19 PM
My favorite PT combo was a Maclaren with a Valco Hitch Hiker attached. Easy to roll it right onto a bus/train and easy to fold if needed.

chillinoutmaxin
08-23-2012, 02:29 PM
You could go the route of the stroller links. Then when you get to the bus DS can get out and you can fold one and stick it in the basket of the other then open it back up when you get off.

I know it always seems like moms with a bunch of kids are struggling on the bus. I hope you find something to make it easier because it's such a nice privilege! I dont live near the bus anymore :(

http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-20065-Stroller-Links-Black/dp/B003XMWFAU

hapimommy
08-24-2012, 08:18 PM
How are those stroller links? They look like they would make a really wide double. And could I possibly fold them quickly enough? My friend is travelling to europe with two g-lites and the connectors, but there will be two adults to manuver them around. Would the push on these be better than a double umbrella? I should have asked to play with them before she left, but she will be gone for 3 weeks.

chillinoutmaxin
08-24-2012, 08:42 PM
I would think you could fold them quickly but they actually look different than mine so maybe there are different types? If I were you i'd just buy some, try them and return them if they're stupid!