PDA

View Full Version : How do I copy DVDs to my new Ipad?

sunshine873
08-23-2012, 01:33 PM
I thought this would be easy, but it doesn't seem to be turning out that way. I just got a new iPad and am getting ready to go on a trip. How do I transfer DVDs that I own (DDs LeapFrog videos) to the iPad?

I've easily been able to get CDs into Itunes in the past and thought this would work the same way, but it's not happening. Can anyone help?

khalloc
08-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Well I think there is software that will let you burn a DVD to a file and then probably more software to transfer it to something you can put on the iPad as a video file.

But I am lazy and I usually just make sure that I buy the DVDs that include the "digital copy" then you can just install that on your computer and transfer that file directly to your iPad using iTunes.

09Mom
08-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Handbrake is a software (I think free) which will let you convert your dvds to a format that you can import to itunes.

karstmama
08-23-2012, 04:00 PM
i don't know of an easy way for dvd's you own. you can buy & download from itunes, but that's annoying when you already own a hard copy. or you can stream from netflix or amazon or hulu.

sunshine873
08-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Grrrr. This seems like it should be much easier for DVDs that I own. :( oh well. I've downloaded HandBrake & it's spinning away. Hopefully this works!

KrystalS
08-23-2012, 04:11 PM
I use Daniusoft DVD to MP4. It was free when I downloaded, not sure if it still is. It's very easy to use and imports the movie directly into iTunes.

weech
08-23-2012, 07:51 PM
I use DVD Catalyst 4 to save files and transfer to my Kindle Fire. It has automatic settings based on your device (so you select iPad and it knows the optimal settings), rip it, and then drag and drop to your device.

larig
08-23-2012, 11:45 PM
OP, I'm on an iPhone or I'd find links for you, but if you need more help with handbrake search for some posts of mine, where I mention some tricks for using handbrake with uncooperative DVDs. It takes some time for it to encode things (hour or so per movie depending on the settings you use). PM me if you need help. I've ripped our entire movie and tv show DVD collection and put them itunes using HB.

Fairy
08-23-2012, 11:52 PM
What about copying a dvd to a dvd? I have dvds that were burned from a high quality vhs of tv shows taped by someone, then burned onto a dvd. I now wqnnq take that dvd and make another dvd with it. Does handbrake let me do that?