PDA

View Full Version : How are LLBean clothes for boys?

arivecchi
08-23-2012, 04:52 PM
I am looking to buy DS1 (5) a few things for kindy. He is tall and skinny so pants are a challenge. Boden, LE and Carters seem to work well because they tend to be long. Hanna is a complete disaster. They are so short. Where does LLBean fall in that spectrum?

Any faves you'd like to recommend?

crl
08-23-2012, 06:19 PM
The LLBean's we had were long and narrow. But that was years ago. I haven't bought ds any LLBean pants in a very long time because I find better deals elsewhere.

We have had good luck with Gap jeans in slim, Gap open bottom sweat pants and LE climber pants in slim. I can usually find these on sale/with code at a decent price and I think they are a good value in terms of how well they hold up compared to their price. We have also had good luck with a couple of pairs of Gymboree slim pants that I caught on a good sale. They are a bit longer than the others I buy so they work particularly well when ds is between sizes (more of an issue for size eight and up because they stop doing the odd sizes).

Catherine

TwinFoxes
08-23-2012, 07:05 PM
i don't have much experience with LL Bean clothes, and none with boys'. But there's a $10 of $50 code floating around: LNA2183 I used it on shoes for DDs. :)

Momit
08-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Gymboree's slim sizes - the regular sizes are long and wide for DS but the slims seem better.

hillview
08-23-2012, 08:47 PM
The LLBean's we had were long and narrow. But that was years ago. I haven't bought ds any LLBean pants in a very long time because I find better deals elsewhere.

:yeahthat:

marymoo86
08-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Girls pants are definitely long and skinny

arivecchi
08-24-2012, 06:49 AM
Hmmm. May give these a whirl. Thanks for the code!

I like LE pants but DS says they are not comfortable, so looking for other options.

magrat
08-24-2012, 08:25 AM
I don't have a lot of LL Bean experience, but I would say they run more true to size than a lot of brands. Especially if you're used to buying Boden and Gap, don't size up so much.

smilla653
09-08-2012, 09:16 PM
HA tends to fall off my skinny son.

Haven't bought LL Bean except for snow pants/outerwear.

But I concur with PP who recommended Gap Slimcut.
My son like to wear soft pants. For those, tea collection work well.
Miniboden also work for us, but my son's not particularly tall, either.

speo
09-08-2012, 10:49 PM
I bought the LLBean chinos and they were way too wide for my slim DS1. Otherwise, they were such a nice quality pair of pants. I was pretty sad to have to send them back.

I concur with PPs and will add that I have found Levi's slims to work well.