PDA

View Full Version : What does you toddler wear at night?

ExcitedMamma
08-23-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm not getting much traffic for this question in the Diaper category so I'm hoping to try here. DS is potty trained during the day and wears underpants during the day but I have him in Pull Ups for bedtime. He doesn't leak and wakes up dry about half the time. He was complaining last night that the Pull Up hurt, I think he means the pull apart sides because they can be scratchy and get twisted. We are using the largest size so we can't go up a size to see if it's better and we don't need the pull apart sides but I'm not sure what else to try. DS is long and lean about 36 in. and 30 lbs. Any recommendations? I'm not sure what to try, Goodnites say they are for 4+ so would they be too big?

SnuggleBuggles
08-23-2012, 05:47 PM
We do Pull Ups at night still and he likes them. Have you tried the Easy Ups? Any better? We use them interchangably depending on what character he wants. Earths Best and some of the natural brands have options too that might be softer.

crl
08-23-2012, 06:21 PM
What about just diapers? Dd isn't far off of those stats and she wears Huggies overnights in size 5 at night.

Catherine

Momit
08-23-2012, 07:13 PM
We do cloth training pants.

baileygirl
08-23-2012, 07:20 PM
My 3.5 year old is 39+ inches and 31 lbs. He wears the night-time pull-ups in size 3t-4t.

edurnemk
08-23-2012, 09:49 PM

:yeahthat: DS is mostly night trained, but he still has the occasional accident so he wears these. He's 4.5 yo

♥ms.pacman♥
08-23-2012, 10:03 PM
ds is about same size (though not really PT'ed) and we just use a size 4 huggies overnite diaper. IMO, more and more i'm thinking that PullUps are a gimmick and waste of money (they're more expensive and not as absorbent as regular diapers, and yes my DS has complained they're itchy). Even after daytime PTing i plan to use diapers on him then i may move on to cloth training underwear.

acmom
08-23-2012, 10:11 PM
We had a similar issue with DD when she was around 2.5. She was complaining that the pullups hurt and would have red marks from the sides. We tried several options (different size pull ups, easy ups, etc.) and finally gave Pampers Underjams a try. They were softer material than pullups so she liked them better. She was too small for them based on their age/weight on the package, but they worked and we never had any leaking issues. We used them til she was trained at night, right around 3. They might be worth a try.

Hope you find something that works for your DC!

sweet_pea
08-23-2012, 10:15 PM
We still use regular diapers for DD (she is 3, 38 inches, 32 lbs.). Because of her long torso we have to size up and at this point we are using Pampers Cruisers in size 7 (the largest available size). They usually work pretty well except when she drinks too much in the evening. She is potty-trained during the day and so I put on the diaper right before bed, after she goes to the potty one last time.

indigo99
08-23-2012, 10:20 PM
From my experience, the underjams are pretty useless if/when DS actually does pee in them. I'm going back to the night diapers as soon as we use up this pack. He's waking up with wet PJs and a soaked bed several times a week now.

acmom
08-23-2012, 10:26 PM
From my experience, the underjams are pretty useless if/when DS actually does pee in them. I'm going back to the night diapers as soon as we use up this pack. He's waking up with wet PJs and a soaked bed several times a week now.

It must just be how they fit each child's body type bc we used them for about 6 months without any leaks...and for several of those months, they were totally soaked when DD woke up in the am.

georgiegirl
08-23-2012, 10:40 PM
My ds is 37" and 30 lbs and he wears a 3T-4T pull-up to bed. No complaints from him.

nfowife
08-24-2012, 12:14 AM
We've been using underjams for a good year+ with my DS, but he's 5.5 already. They are meant for kids whom diapers no longer fit. My DS wears the smallest size underjams and they are not particularly tight. Prior to the underjams we did the 3T/4T pullups for a long while. They also make 5T pullups but I have only rarely seen them.

lchang25000
08-25-2012, 12:05 AM
DS is 3.5 years old, 41 inches, and 38 pounds and wears the Huggies overnight diapers in size 6. He is daytime trained, but still goes at night 1-2 times a week.

wellyes
08-25-2012, 12:16 AM
ds is about same size (though not really PT'ed) and we just use a size 4 huggies overnite diaper. IMO, more and more i'm thinking that PullUps are a gimmick and waste of money (they're more expensive and not as absorbent as regular diapers, and yes my DS has complained they're itchy). Even after daytime PTing i plan to use diapers on him then i may move on to cloth training underwear.

I think the only advantage of pull ups is that once kids PT, there is something babyish about diapers. To the kids, I mean. You high five them for not having to wear diapers anymore once they PT. So, pull ups at night feels like a different thing, without any hints of shaming or regressing ( again, talking about kids who might feel that way, not parents).

I agree they are not useful as a PT tool.
In our case, with dd, we just did underpants stand she caught on in less than a week. We motivated with rewards - candy and pretty underpants - worked for us, with her. But I know it takes some kids longer (especially boys).

fedoragirl
08-25-2012, 02:37 AM

Is your DS night potty trained or just stays dry? I would like to use the Hanna trainers at night now that DD doesn´t have any day accidents but am not sure how to deal with a wet or soiled bed every night? She still soaks through her diapers. Of course, I mean to try these when she´s 3 but just asking ahead of time.

roseyloxs
08-25-2012, 02:45 AM
I would try the easy ups. There is no 'velcro' on the side like the huggies brand so it should be softer and more comfortable.

If you are interested in some cloth options I might look at Ladder Hill (http://hyenacart.com/stores/ladderhilldesign/index.php?c=19) or Antsy Pants (http://getantsy.com/antsy-pants-overnight.html).