PDA

View Full Version : Need a new double

Ella1018
08-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi everyone I need some help deciding on a double. My DD will be 3 in less than 2 months and my DS is 5 months. I currently have the BJCM single and the Britax B-ready as my double. I like the way the b-ready pushes but it's just so heavy for me. I struggle with it all the time because it's so heavy and bulky and I'm such a weakling lol. I was hesitant to get a SBS double because my older child has been riding less and less but I still need something for her. I like the BJCS mostly for its looks but I also still like the idea of a tandem for my kids. I know it's also bulky when it's a double but as a single it's a little smaller than the b-ready and also a little lighter as a single as I do use it as a single a lot of the time. The only other stroller that I was considering at this point is the BJCMD. But again it's a SBS and I don't want to always walk around with an empty seat and a toddler walking next to me. BUT the BJCM GT would be great for neighborhood walks. And here's when I go back and forth, back and forth :D
Is anyone in a similar situation and can offer suggestions?

chillinoutmaxin
08-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Have you considered a sit n stand? They have a buckle for the bigger kid too. Then you could use your current stroller for around the neighborhood and sit n stand for the trunk.

Valco Spark Duo looks awesome.

Philly Mom
08-23-2012, 07:24 PM
My brother's kids are three years apart and they live in Brooklyn. They haven't needed a double. They bought a board for the bee. When DN2 was under a year, they often wore her if DN1 wanted a ride. At this point, a year and a half later, they don't really give DN1 the choice to sit but she does stand on the board. Most of the time though she rides her balance bike or scooter. DN2 likes to walk now too so they do not even use their stroller that often.