PDA

View Full Version : kids easel paint?

boilermakermom
08-24-2012, 11:37 AM
what kind of washable paint do your kids use? we have been using the tubes of crayola washable paint, but it seems like we only get three or four uses out of the tube. i feel like i am buying them every few weeks.

any recs for bigger bottles? we tried the melissa and doug paint that came with the easel and disliked it. it isn't washable as they claim.

thanks!

wellyes
08-24-2012, 12:00 PM
You want tempura paint, also known as poster paint. It washes easily with water and is non-toxic. Buy big bottles at any craft store (Michael's, AC Moore, etc).

Or: http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=2026&es=237530000ESC&utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=weblink&utm_campaign=froogle&cvsfa=408&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=32303236&gclid=CJHx1e7QgLICFUGo4AodUnMAYw

larig
08-24-2012, 02:42 PM
our preschool used colorations from discount school supply. I really really liked it, especially the glitter paints. It washes so well.

baileygirl
08-24-2012, 04:02 PM
We use the washable paint from discount school supply too (if you do order from there you might look at their liquid water colors too). I also leave out one of those dry paint palettes (ours is by Faber Castell), so ds2 (he is 3) can paint whenever he wants with minimum risk to my house.