PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal - 2nd pregnancy, 26 weeks (may be TMI?)

L'sMommy
08-24-2012, 03:53 PM
In the last couple of weeks I've noticed that if I have a coughing fit (as in gagging from something that is grossing me out, smell or sight), or if I have a big sneeze, it feels like discharge (or pee or amniotic fluid??) comes out. I've been assuming it's pee but should I call my OB just in case it could be amniotic fluid? There's no odor to it.

wellyes
08-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Increased random discharge is a normal, but unpleasant, side effect of pregnancy. I wore a lot of panty liners....

MamaMolly
08-24-2012, 04:14 PM
I wet myself a lot when expecting DD2. If it gives you peace of mind call your OB and talk about it. They can check it out. If it is just pee I recommend Poise pads.

MMMommy
08-24-2012, 04:59 PM
I had incontinence when I was pregnant. When I laughed or coughed, I would pee myself a little...

AngB
08-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Yep, probably pee.

For whatever reason (not because of a vaginal birth, I have c-sections), I had a much worse time in pregnancy #2 than I'm having so far (28 wks) in pregnancy #3.

I do know someone who had a very slow amniotic fluid leak, so it couldn't hurt to mention it to your OB, but especially since it's mostly coughing related and not random, it sounds okay to me.

Fairy
08-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Incontinence is reeeeeeeeally normal and common, and so is increased discharge. It's probably pee. Enjoy.

sunshine873
08-24-2012, 09:53 PM
I agree with other posters that it is most likely pee. However, I have to note that when my water broke at 22 weeks, I was positive that it was pee. Mind you, it was much more dramatic than that, and the reality became obvious very quickly, but it wouldn't hurt to call your OB just to be sure.