PDA

View Full Version : Least tippy umbrella stroller?

heppygirl
08-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Don't laugh, but I'm still in the market for a new umbrella stroller. I have the Volo (a gift) but I need to sell it and get one with a recline for DS who is 7 months old.

My aunt has an Inglesina Trip, which we use when we visit, and the thing is virtually un-tippable. Seriously! Now I'm spoiled and cannot stand Macs anymore with their crazy tippyness.

Any other umbrella strollers out there that don't tip easily? May just get another Trip in the end, but would love to try something new...thinking of a G-Luxe but cannot test one out here.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

strollerqueen
08-24-2012, 05:13 PM
The Trip is great! Off the top of my head, the Peg Perego Si' and Maxi Cosi Mila are very stable. Check out Cybex and Mamas and Papas, too.

todzwife
08-24-2012, 05:38 PM
I got the inglesina twin swift and I was SHOCKED how much crap we could hang off the back w/ no one in it and it didn't even try to tip.

My g-luxe is tippy...it's just so light.

JessK87
08-24-2012, 06:29 PM
I love the push of maclarens. I have the XLR and it is not tippy at all. Its very sturdy, stylish, and very sable. Ive had a full days worth of shopping and a LARGE diaper bag on it and it did not tip while my nephew was OUT of it. After getting used to the mac XLR all other umbrella strollers are ruined for me. It has a totally flat recline and an amazing sun canopy. Basically everything people complain about mac were fixed with this one. I got mine for a steal on gilt website but after using it all the time with my nephews (im due in oct) I would have paid full price! I love it that much.

hapimommy
08-24-2012, 08:11 PM
I just got some hamster bags from one step ahead and they are pretty good in helping the stroller tip issue. I have used them on my Toro, but I have not had a chance to try them on my triumph just yet. If you find a g-luxe then you can always try the bags as a solution. That being said, my cybex topaz is incredibly stable, and we would load things onto it.

roseyloxs
08-25-2012, 02:08 AM
my cybex topaz is incredibly stable, and we would load things onto it.

ditto! Can't recall a time that the cybex ever tipped on us and we load it up pretty good from time to time.

heppygirl
08-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Thank you all for the advice.

I still haven't bought one, but when testing out the Peg Si (love it but it's a little big for my needs) I tried out the Peg Pliko Mini. It didn't tip at all with my diaper bag and backpack on the handles with no kid in the seat. I tried it once awhile back and hated the ricketyness of the Pegs, but I'm kind of over that now.

Still want to check out a Cybex if I can find one.

Oh, and good to know the Swift isn't tippy either. That's another option, seeing as I like the Trip and my Avio so much. Then I would have all Inglesina. How appropriate, being Italian and all. ;)

Thanks again!

ssand23
08-29-2012, 04:32 PM
I didn't find our Maclaren Quest tippy at all but I hate the clip on the seat belt & the brakes. I have a joint disorder & the current clip on the Maclaren's is not compatible with bad hands & the brakes stink with bad knees. ;)

I've actually been looking to replace the Quest for those reasons (but an able bodied person shouldn't have those issues) & this thread is very helpful. Thank you. I'm going to check out the Cybex & Inglesina. :)

hihellonikki
08-29-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm finding this thread helpful, too. Thanks for your insight everyone. I'm also looking for a non-tippy umbrella with a small footprint for indoors. I already have a big ol' Teutonia that I'm going to sell, a BJCM GT thats for zoos and outside stuff, but I'd like a little stroller for zipping around department stores. I'm pretty much sold on a Babyhome Emotion, but does anyone have a Cybex Ruby?