PDA

View Full Version : How many onesies per size?

wangstar
08-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi all.

I figured that the newborn probably won't be going out much in the first 3 months so I think footie/sleeper onesies is the best choice.

With that in mind, how many of each size do I need for the registry?

queenmama
08-24-2012, 06:35 PM
The book recommends 6 tees or onesies and 6 side-snapping. So you could register for these in a couple of sizes.

edurnemk
08-24-2012, 11:10 PM
I agree that footed sleepers are best for the first months, even when going out. I'd get at least 6 of each since on a "bad" day a baby can go through 3 onesies or sleepers (mine are big spitters, no reflux, but the spit up a LOT). I have many cute outfits fir DD (7 weeks old) abd they get no use, we do footed sleepers and the occasional romper

wangstar
08-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Thanks, I haven't received the book yet.... good old US postal service...

So 6-8 onesies per size up to 12 months or 18 months?

waitingforgrace
08-25-2012, 10:06 AM
It really depends on how you plan to dress baby and what onesies your talking about, plain white onesies I assume? We buy one pack so 4-5 depending on whether short or long sleeve in white. We then usually have another set from Carter's that is a color/pattern set and buy the matching pants. I would only register up to 12 months so you don't end up with stuff you won't like/use.

catsnkid
08-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Depends on the season and the weather.. Also keep in mind that you will probably get a ton as unsolicited gifts or hand me downs, and that sizes vary between brands. It also depends on how often you can do laundry.

BDKmom
08-27-2012, 09:55 AM
To me, the biggest consideration here is how much laundry do you want to do? If you want the baby to pretty much hang out in the footed sleepers, I would count on at least 2 per day. For me, that would mean 6-10 sleepers. It also depends on what time of year your baby is born. For my DS, who was on the small side and born in February, we ended up going out to get more sleepers--he probably had 10 in NB size, because that is literally all he wore. For DD, who was born in May, we use mostly the traditional onsies (snaps around the diaper with no legs) for day and night until she stopped being swaddled, so we only needed 3-4 of the footed sleepers. Once she wasn't being swaddled anymore, we switched to sleepers for nighttime, and I would say she has 7-8 in 3 month size.

I would probably register for 3-4 in each size, which will get you started until you see what you prefer. You may do laundry more often, or decide you like separates instead of onsies, or even gowns. And keep any gift receipts so that you can take back things if you end up not using them.