PDA

View Full Version : Quick help re carseat

mackmama
08-24-2012, 10:15 PM
I would have posted this in the carseat section, but we are leaving on a trip tomorrow so need immediate feedback.

We ordered an Evenflo Tribute a couple of months ago. IIRC I think we got it from diapers.com. We had never opened the box until tonight while we are prepping for our trip. I opened the box, and the carseat is just sitting in there -- there is no wrapping and no manual. Nothing else but the naked carseat.

Did I get a used carseat?

tmahanes
08-24-2012, 10:21 PM
I would say yes :(

I got one from diapers.com one time with tons of cracker crumbs in it :mad:

Sent from my DROID RAZR

mackmama
08-24-2012, 10:27 PM
That makes me so mad. Is it safe to use? Should I wash all of the seating tonight?

tmahanes
08-24-2012, 10:28 PM
I don't think I would use it but maybe Jools will chime in. :banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR

mom2binsd
08-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Nope as you won't be able to register it without the registration card...and no manual to see how to use correctly (each seat has it's own specifics), plus it could be a return.

I'd go to Target/Walmart tonight and get a Scenera or something similar and deal with the return when you come back.

mackmama
08-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Nope as you won't be able to register it without the registration card...and no manual to see how to use correctly (each seat has it's own specifics), plus it could be a return.

I'd go to Target/Walmart tonight and get a Scenera or something similar and deal with the return when you come back.

I'm confused - nope I shouldn't use it, or nope it's probably not a return?

I just called and my target doesn't carry this seat or the scenera so we are stuck.

mackmama
08-24-2012, 10:38 PM
I was wrong - there IS a registration card in the box. Just no manual. Consensus still that it is used? Do carseats come with manuals? I don't remember if our Blvd came with a manual.

Momit
08-24-2012, 10:38 PM
Sounds like it might be used, or at least may have been knocked around in shipping without proper packaging - I would be nervous to use it. I mean, even consignment stores won't take/sell used car seats. Shame on Diapers.com for selling it to you that way.

mackmama
08-24-2012, 10:43 PM
We are leaving on a trip tomorrow so am hoping for immediate feedback.

We ordered an Evenflo Tribute a couple of months ago. We bought it from diapers.com. We had never opened the box until tonight while we are prepping for our trip. I opened the box, and the carseat is just sitting in there -- there is no wrapping. There IS a manual and a registration card, but they are not physically attached to the seat. They are just in the bottom of the box. FWIW, the carseat looks very clean, and the seatbelts are folded up and rubber-banded in a new-looking, unused sort of way. There is no store nearby that sells the Tribute or Scenera so I think we are stuck with this carseat for this trip. Should I wash the fabric at least?

I don't know how carseats are usually sold... are they usually in some sort of wrapping with the manual attached to the seat? Did I get a used carseat??

SnuggleBuggles
08-24-2012, 10:44 PM
My manual is attached to my Marathon, it came that way. I wouldn't trust the seat and wouldn't use it.

mackmama
08-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Ok I just went to the box and saw that there actually IS a manual. It's sitting in the bottom of the box. There was no wrapping (I don't think my Blvd was wrapped IIRC), but there is a manual and registration card in the box. The card and manual were not physically attached to the seat, though.

So what's the new consensus? :confused:

mikala
08-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Do the straps look like they have been used? No experience with this seat model but our car seats have generally come with the straps folded or banded in some way so they don't flop around the box. It seems like that detail might be missed in a return package.

SnuggleBuggles
08-24-2012, 11:01 PM
It's really hard to say w/o seeing it. Do things look neat, new and bundled up? Like all of the LATCH straps? I only have experience with Britax and am used to documents being attached to the seat but I don't know what Evenflo does.

lhafer
08-24-2012, 11:18 PM
Most of my carseats have come without wrappings. But the straps have always been folded up and wrapped with a rubber band.

mom2binsd
08-24-2012, 11:44 PM
IT could still be a used seat and it should have a manual, usually they are under the covers on the Britax's..you can always look online for the manual.

Not all seats come wrapped in plastic.

I guess it's your call, does it look at all used, any food crumbs/stains? Was the manual attached to the seat.

It could very well be fine. Car seats are often just plunked in the box, no padding/bubble wrap.

mackmama
08-25-2012, 12:04 AM
The straps are folded and rubber-banded and look new. The LATCH straps look neat and are attached to the seat. I'm thinking the seat is new and that there just isn't wrapping. My main reason for thinking it was used was when I didn't think there was a registration card or manual. Now that I've found those things, I'm thinking it's new and that all is fine. :)

Pbl427
08-25-2012, 12:06 AM
It has been a little while, so I am not quite sure, but I think our tributes came in the box with no wrapping. I think the manual just slid in a spot on the bottom of the seat, so it could easily fall out. The only part that might be off is that I believe the registration card was attached to one of the straps. That said, I believe I returned a scenara at one point, after comparing it to the tribute. I had my kiddos sit in it briefly - not buckled and then chose to keep the tribute, based on how they fit and their comfort. The kids pulled the registration card off of the scenara in that process. So it is possible that there is no issue with the seat.

I hope that helps!

Patti

Joolsplus2
08-25-2012, 09:25 AM
No wrapping. Only Britaxes (that I can recall, lately, at BRU) come in a plastic bag, all others are just in the box, with the manual kind of hard to find. New, safe, use it just fine (but I'm probably too late if you're on your trip already! I was literally downstocking Tributes last night at BRU, they are popular, either because they are the cheapest choice or because I rave about them, lol).