PDA

View Full Version : Bugaboo bee frame on cl

sweetsoul99
08-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Hi all,
So I need some advice from other stroller enthusiasts. There is a bugaboo bee plus 2011 frame and seat cushion on cl for 100. The guy claims that I would just need to buy the seat from bugaboo for 109. After some further inquiries, it also doesn't have a canopy or basket. So the total on bugaboo sight would be 209, making the total cost of the stroller 309. Do you think it's worth it? Am I missing some other random part?

There is also a 2009 bee minus for 300, but it also comes with the car seat adaptor and footmuff. Is this a good deal?

Which would you choose?

wellyes
08-25-2012, 08:39 AM
I think buying a stroller piece-by-piece would be a real hassle, I wouldn't bother with that.

roseyloxs
08-25-2012, 09:16 AM
I would need to know some back story. Are these pieces used or brand new? Did he refurbish them after Bugaboo sent some for a warranty claim? I really would want to know why someone has such random parts.

Is the harness and crotch strap included with the fabric?
Does the frame include the front wheels?
Also the rain cover comes standard so that's a piece that would technically be missing as well.

$300 would be a fair price for a full bee+ even without the raincover. I think $300 for a bee- is high, I realize it has a couple of accessories but it still seems high to me. $200/$250 would be more in line with the prices I usually see for the bee minus. I would go on youtube and watch differences between the bees to see if any of them matter to you.

MamaBear
08-25-2012, 11:37 AM
You probably also need the front wheels. The rear wheels are semi-permanently attached to the chassis (with rivets, I think?) but the swivel wheels are sold separately. Don't forget the wires and clamps for the canopy, too.

I have a damaged chassis that I've half-heatedly been trying to sell for parts, but I'm upfront about the fact it is unusable in its current condition. Definitely find out why this is being sold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

sweetsoul99
08-25-2012, 02:49 PM
I think it has the wheels too. He claims the seat broke and threw it away, but that doesn't explain why it is missing the canopy and basket. It is a good deal, which is why I keep thinking about it everytime I try to tell myself that it is too suspicious.

roseyloxs
08-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Hmmm.. maybe you can ask if the canopy, basket and rain cover are included and just not pictured. At the very least he should give more backstory (or more lies) as to why they would be missing.

poohbear
08-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Hi all,
So I need some advice from other stroller enthusiasts. There is a bugaboo bee plus 2011 frame and seat cushion on cl for 100. The guy claims that I would just need to buy the seat from bugaboo for 109. After some further inquiries, it also doesn't have a canopy or basket. So the total on bugaboo sight would be 209, making the total cost of the stroller 309. Do you think it's worth it? Am I missing some other random part?

There is also a 2009 bee minus for 300, but it also comes with the car seat adaptor and footmuff. Is this a good deal?

Which would you choose?

You also need canopy clamps and wires, which come out to about $60 IIRC. You can get the canopy cheaper than $50 on stroller swap or ebay. My guess is that it's warranty replacement parts or something. I would just make sure everything works.