PDA

View Full Version : Can I get away with this?

twotimesblue
08-25-2012, 11:49 PM
DS2 is on his way and, as DS1 is crazy tall (39" at 2 years 5 months!) our double stroller choices are very limited. He doesn't fit into any except the BJCS!

Anyway, I am a bit stuck on the color choices. Black is the 'obvious' choice, but I have a black Vista and I find it so boring to look at! We had a red Britax that always got filthy, and the stone color really doesn't do it for me.

That leaves me with the Amethyst color....http://www.pishposhbaby.com/baby-jogger-city-select-double-2011-amethyst.html

I love purple and DH isn't fussed either way but worries it might be a bit 'girly'... what do you think? Is everyone going to comment on two boys being pushed in a purple stroller?

MamaBear
08-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Purple is the colour of kings!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

roseyloxs
08-26-2012, 03:50 AM
Maybe you'll get comments but its their hang-up not yours. I think the purple is gorgeous and is definitely a unisex purple. You can try to break up the color a bit by adding a liner. Maybe like this one from skip hop (http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Memory-Stroller-Platinum/dp/B007UZ0HOW)? Or if you are into the liners and unsure about the purple you could get the black and use the liners for a punch of color.

I would just get the purple though. Its gorgeous.

PZMommy
08-26-2012, 12:02 PM
I have two boys and have the purple BJ City Select. I love the color and get tons of compliments on it. I don't think it is girly at all.

Dawn

BabyBearsMom
08-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Purple is fine. Are you sure he fits in the BJCS? My DD1 is 35" and she was stuffed into the BJCS seat like a Sardine. The only ones that fit her were the B-Ready (which we bought), the BJCM, and BJCE.

PZMommy
08-27-2012, 07:06 PM
My son is 39 inches and fits the Select without a problem. I have his canopy on the highest setting, and he has plenty of room before his head hits the canopy, and he is all torso!

Dawn

twotimesblue
09-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Yes, DS does fit into the seat - the canopy can be made higher than the 'official' highest setting by sliding it further up the frame, so he actually has some headroom. He didn't even come close to fitting into the B-Ready. I won a beautiful iCandy Peach that I had to sell :cry: as he had maxed that out by 20 months! Our choices for doubles are limited, to say the least!