PDA

View Full Version : Ergo Vs. Ergo Sport

jhmom
08-26-2012, 02:23 AM
I am sure this has been asked in the past but can't find an accurate thread...

Anyone have experience using both the original Ergo and the Ergo Sport? I am mainly concerned with which one is more comfortable if there is a difference.

Thanks!!!

Kerri

crl
08-26-2012, 10:16 AM
I have used the original from a million years ago, the more recent regular one and the sport. I believe the sport has a bigger waist belt, but does not work with their waist extender. We ended up with the sport so that dh can use it as well as me being able to use it. I imagine there is some website that compares all of this. The sport came in a bright green and that's what we have. It is the coolmax type fabric, which seems a tiny bit softer to me. I don't think it makes a big difference either way and if both will fit all the people who will be using it, I would go with whichever is cheapest or whichever you like the looks of better.

Catherine

lizzywednesday
09-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Also, comfort depends a lot on your body type!

If you're interested in a buckle carrier (also called a "soft structured carrier" or SSC) there are quite a lot of options ... the Ergo is just one.

My only complaint about the Ergo is the bulkiness of the infant insert; otherwise it's a great carrier.

Another good option in the buckle carrier category is the Boba 3G, which does not require an infant insert for the newborn stage because the body is adjustable to safely position a baby that cannot sit up. The strap padding isn't as bulky feeling as the Original Ergo, for example, but would be about the same as the Performance. I'm not sure how it would compare to the Sport.

crl
09-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Good point about other carriers. Personally, I loved my Pikkolo and my freehand mei tei. I have a slight build and I liked the crossing straps better. They felt more secure for me. I was not able to get the old style Ergo insert to work for me and consequently didn't use the Ergo until dd was about seven months old.

Catherine