PDA

View Full Version : Did you switch to Pullups after PT?

marymoo86
08-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Will be 3 day training DD next weekend and hopefully that will go well :thumbsup:

At daycare she will need to still be in diapers until she proves that she won't have a lot of accidents. Did you switch to pullups to help DC differentiate? Just wondering if you go back to using diapers if that will confuse her? Also will have to have them for naps/nighttime here so didn't know if I should stock up on those or if diapers are still ok to use.

swrc00
08-26-2012, 08:21 AM
DS wore Pull Ups at school per the school's request while he potty trained. At home he wore underwear.

mikeys_mom
08-26-2012, 08:29 AM
A big part of the 3-day potty training is that you get rid of diapers completely. This includes at night and for naps.
For daycare - I would first see how she does after the initial 3 days and then discuss with them. For my girls, getting rid of diapers completely made a big difference in their willingness to PT. They knew there was no choice but the potty.

marymoo86
08-26-2012, 11:03 AM
A big part of the 3-day potty training is that you get rid of diapers completely. This includes at night and for naps.
For daycare - I would first see how she does after the initial 3 days and then discuss with them. For my girls, getting rid of diapers completely made a big difference in their willingness to PT. They knew there was no choice but the potty.

So then I am confused as I thought at this age not to expect nighttime dryness?

SnuggleBuggles
08-26-2012, 12:56 PM
No, straight to undies in the day but pull ups at night. Eta- the boys' schools have been anti Pull Ups bc they send mixed messages when potty training.

twowhat?
08-26-2012, 01:00 PM
We were required to use pull-ups at school for PT. When we officially PT, we got rid of the pull-ups for everything but nap and nighttime. The girls PTed really easily with no confusion over why they had to wear pull-ups for sleeping.

DD1 kept her pull-ups dry during naps/nighttime almost immediately. DD2 still wears pull-ups at night.

I wish the school hadn't required pull-ups because that's why we got sucked into buying the glorified diapers (and now DD2 won't wear anything else, LOL).

tmahanes
08-26-2012, 02:33 PM
I have been sending B to daycare in Kushies training underwear. They have an outer liner to prevent leaks but the inside is normal underwear.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

AnnieW625
08-26-2012, 03:03 PM
DD1 used a Pull Up only for trips where we were going to be in the car for more than an hour and for the first couple of weeks she was in ballet class at age 3. She was in panties the rest of the time, including daycare. Using pull ups outside of the home lasted for about a month. When we were out we also always kept our little potty in the back of the car. She did use a pull up for nap (until around age 4), and then at night time (until around 5/1/2).

The Kushies Training Underwear sounds interesting.

okinawama
08-26-2012, 03:54 PM
We also did the 3 day method. We did not expect night time dryness, but as far as days went, we never went back to pullups or diapers. For us, I feel that the fact that diapers weren't an option again was part of the reason the 3 day method was so successful.

mommylamb
08-26-2012, 04:16 PM
My DS treated pull ups just as any other diaper. I PTed him over Christmas when I was off for the week. When he went back to daycare, he wore underpants.

fedoragirl
08-26-2012, 05:09 PM
We did the 3 day method as well, and used absolutely no diapers during the day. It was Hannas trainers from day 3 onwards. DD's preschool did not require any diapers or pull ups. They also have the same idea that pull ups cause regression. So, we didn't have any issues. DD still wears a diaper during nap and night time. No confusion whatsoever.

jgenie
08-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Another 3-day potty traIning user here. We used it for DS1 and DS2 no diapers after we started - daytime or nighttime. I had to wash quite a few sheets the first two weeks with both DC but after that they got the hang of it.

tmahanes
08-26-2012, 06:04 PM
The Kushies Training Underwear sounds interesting.

We have been very happy with them. They do not leak unless they are left wet for an extended period of time. B likes them but will choose boxer briefs if given the choice. I have been using these for daycare and outings and regular underwear at home. http://www.kushiesonline.com/Kushies-Training-Pants-s/244.htm are the ones we have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

marymoo86
08-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Yes - would be a lot easier if I didn't have daycare to contend with after the 3 days.

I do have a ton of Hanna trainers for home but the director specifically requested pullups b/c of BM issues. I guess we just have to try to introduce the pullup as daycare pants or something.

BabbyO
08-27-2012, 12:40 PM
We used up our diapers, then switched to pull-ups for nap/bedtime.

twowhat?
08-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Yes - would be a lot easier if I didn't have daycare to contend with after the 3 days.

I do have a ton of Hanna trainers for home but the director specifically requested pullups b/c of BM issues. I guess we just have to try to introduce the pullup as daycare pants or something.

Yes, in hindsight I wish I'd done this - told them that pull-ups are only for daycare. Instead DD2 said that she wanted to wear pull-ups at home too, and I caved without thinking hard enough about the consequences of paying for those pricey pull-ups until she nighttime PTs.

I could just pull the plug and say they don't make pull-ups anymore or whatever but our DD2 is the difficult one in terms of nighttime routine, sleep, tantrums, etc and I just don't want to rock the boat if I don't have to:)

edurnemk
08-27-2012, 01:36 PM
No, we did cloth training pants. DS preschool was OK with that (he PTd about 1.5 months before school started).

weech
08-28-2012, 10:01 AM
We have been very happy with them. They do not leak unless they are left wet for an extended period of time. B likes them but will choose boxer briefs if given the choice. I have been using these for daycare and outings and regular underwear at home. http://www.kushiesonline.com/Kushies-Training-Pants-s/244.htm are the ones we have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

How many of these did you need? Any tips on getting them at a good price?

tmahanes
08-28-2012, 11:22 AM
I have 10. I bought them used from a coworker. You might try diaper swappers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR