PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, the Target diaper new blue strip. Now what?

AngB
08-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Even though I read bad things about them on the earlier post, and DS has pretty sensitive skin, I already had 3 cases of diapers I had just bought on-hand and I was hoping they were the "old" ones. Of course they weren't. Just from using the new "blue strip" diapers from last night to mid-day, DS got a bad rash between his legs. I searched my car and diaper bags and everywhere and found a couple of the old diapers and the rash went away in a few hours.

On the previous thread, a lot of people said they like the Costco Kirkland's brand of diapers. So I bought a case of those, but I noticed that the inside of the diaper is light blue. Is that the same stuff that is the blue strip in the Target diapers? (Could it be the "drymax" stuff I've heard about?) Now I'm worried I have yet another case of diapers that will give DS a rash. The only other diapers besides Target that we've been able to use are Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive, but those get expensive.

Any other suggestions for me to try?

Mopey
08-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Will be watching this thread as I asked about kirkland in the target thread. Miss Mopey hasn't been sensitive so far but with her new rash who knows.

I was also loving pampers sensitive but could only get regular now. And wouldn't mind saving some $.

tmahanes
08-26-2012, 11:22 PM
They are more expensive but we LOVE Nature Babycare diapers. I ordered them from Amazon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

jam224
08-27-2012, 05:39 AM
We only used disposables for 12 weeks, but the only other diapers I trusted on my baby besides Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive were Seventh Generation. Not sure what the cost comparison is though.

So sorry about the diaper rash! :(

wellyes
08-27-2012, 08:36 AM
No drymax in 7th Gen.
Those diaper rash issues are a common reason people switch to cloth.
I did cloth diapering for about a year....... did not love it, but it wasn't awful, either. Just a lot of laundry. DD did great with cloth diapers. Never leaked, never a rash. Our daycare had no problem with the kind I bought. It's something to consider.

♥ms.pacman♥
08-27-2012, 08:38 AM
ditto with what other pp said. we do cloth here for both kiddos since they were born, and used 7th Generation diapers on the side for things like night time, travel, sitter/grandparent watching kids, etc. i recall my ds getting bad rashes with pampers so that is why we went to 7th gen. they are chlorine free so my kids didn't get a rash with them. they are pricey though now that amazon has reduced the discounts of their Amazon Mom/subscribe & save.

AngB
08-27-2012, 09:38 AM
We've tried cloth diapering but that was even worse with DS, he's too sensitive to the suedecloth lining in most of our diapers. 7th gen we used when he was a newborn and it seemed like they leaked a lot but maybe that was just a newborn issue.

The Kirkland's best did well overnight so I'm crossing my fingers DS tolerates them, I may mix in some cloth diapers again too.

marymoo86
08-27-2012, 10:52 AM
I really love Earth's Best but they can be hard to get - only BRU/TRU locally has them and then of course Amazon. DD is very sensitive but didn't have issues with these. Daycare accidentally put another kids diaper on her at the last diaper change and she was already red when I changed her.

Green22
09-17-2012, 11:50 PM
I know this is old but I had a similar issue - DD cannot have blue dyes in her diapers but did great with Pampers Baby Dry (more of a green dye) for a long time. With the addition of DS and his super sensitive bum, I tried to save $ by switching her to Target's brand. I thought they were just fine, but now with the blue dye I decided to try Kirkland's. I really like them, much more than the target ones. To me they are just like the Pampers Baby Dry (same color on the inside too) but with the Huggie's stretchy bit on the top. Huggies are too narrow for my DD, but these kirkland ones are not nearly so narrow. They are not as soft as pampers, but DD has not complained and they have not irritated her eczema patches (which she has right in the upper thigh area, among other areas, so diapers were a struggle).

HTHS.

LizLemon
09-18-2012, 01:37 AM
We've tried cloth diapering but that was even worse with DS, he's too sensitive to the suedecloth lining in most of our diapers. 7th gen we used when he was a newborn and it seemed like they leaked a lot but maybe that was just a newborn issue.

The Kirkland's best did well overnight so I'm crossing my fingers DS tolerates them, I may mix in some cloth diapers again too.

Not sure if you want to go back to go cloth, but there are some really good options that are 100% cotton (not just prefolds, which can be pretty simple to use). Sorry to hear about all the rash issues you've been dealing with.

AngB
09-18-2012, 04:55 AM
Thanks! The Kirkland's Costco diapers have been working out a lot better than I expected! No rash issues!

ssand23
09-26-2012, 05:51 PM
I've been cloth diapering for 13 years now. My son is 2 1/2 and just can't tolerate disposables. He has a lot of health problems & when he's been in the hospital, we tried them (all kinds of brands) but it was a disaster. I know he will be in the hospital again soon & I'm thinking about trying the Flip disposable inserts that you can use with their covers. The nurses need something to weigh for output & he's usually hospitalized out of state so I can't just run home to wash diapers or get more.

He needs stay dry cloth diapers but can only tolerate suedecloth or the athletic type fabrics like Motherease uses, he can't tolerate fleece (in his diapers or his clothing either). But some babies are the opposite & can't tolerate any synthetic fibers & need natural fabrics only in their diapers. Sometimes it's a detergent issue, which one or making sure it's rinsed out enough. Some babies can tolerate detergents in their clothing that they can't tolerate on their diapers since the diapers are touching a much more sensitive skin area.

Flip makes a great organic cotton insert that is reasonably priced or my favorites (though these get pricey) Sustainablebabyish flats & fitteds. But on a budget, we also have the IKEA burpcloths that I use as flat diapers with pins or a Boingo (like a Snappi but better in my opinion LOL). I add an extra insert to boost absorbency and they are a great & very inexpensive diaper that we can use again & again. Flats are great since you can just fold them differently as your baby grows. The Bumgenius Elemental AIO's are another great all natural fabric option.