PDA

View Full Version : Duallie Dilemma: WWYD?

kaharris83
08-27-2012, 11:42 AM
I scored a Duallie in awesome condition on CL this weekend for $250. Turns out it is a year with the limited recline. I have a brand new Indie Twin that I plan to use for as long as I can before DS1 outgrows it. The Duallie is for after that and will only be used for nightly neighborhood walks and playground outings or other outdoor activities. I'm anticipating DS2 will be 8-9 months hopefully by the time we switch to the Duallie so wondering if the recline will matter much. DS1 never liked to be reclined at all, but I realize all kids are different. Wondering if I should resell this one on CL and buy one when we actually need it or hang onto this one since I've been looking for 6 months+ and this is the best deal I've seen. WWYD?

roseyloxs
08-27-2012, 12:36 PM
What year is it?

kaharris83
08-27-2012, 01:00 PM
What year is it?

My guess is '06. The guy I bought it fom said he got it 4 years ago, but the recline changed in '07 so he must have gotten it from someone else. It is in excellent condition and Duallies usually go for $350+ in our area. The $350 ones are usually faded and well loved. This one looks nearly brand new.

Kaylee31
08-27-2012, 01:41 PM
How big is your DS1? My 3 yr old is only 37" and has plenty if room in our Indie twin. Personally, I'd sell the duallie. I prefer the indie for features & looks. I especially like the flat recline & adjustable footrest for little ones. Now if someone had 2 heavy toddlers, the duallie would be better for the easy push.

kaharris83
08-27-2012, 01:54 PM
DS1 is around 34" and weighs 27lbs. I did see a woman at the zoo pushing 2 kids who looked to be somewhere around 5-6 years old around in an Indie Twin and thought maybe I can use it for longer than I thought. DH noticed her axle was very bent I'm guessing due to the heavy kids in it, so not quite that long. I do :heartbeat: it's looks and features so much more than BOB, I was just afraid DS1 would outgrow the Indie quickly. We really don't have space for the 5 strollers we have now, and two are in the box still so I guess I should let the Duallie go and if I find myself needing one in the future get one then. I get swept up in CL deals sometimes.

roseyloxs
08-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Maybe not all is lost. If the BOBs usually go for $350 maybe you can list it for $300 and make a little money for your effort.

I also love the indie twin and would plan to keep it for longer then just 9 months.

beckyhd13
08-28-2012, 10:40 AM
I'd keep the duallie. We use ours every evening for walks with our 20 and 4 month olds. The little one already doesn't want to be very reclined, and I'm sure by the time she's 8-9 months she'll want to be sitting up looking around too. With the older with the single bob, by 8-9 months (actually sooner), he always wanted to be sitting up looking out, so we never reclined it. And that is a great price on the duallie - especially one in great condition!