PDA

View Full Version : Evo vs. Versa?

Kaylee31
08-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Which one would you get for an all around car stroller? I'm torn between the easier fold & better canopy of the Versa and the bigger & better basket, and the non -bucket seat of the Evo.
The carseat adapter for a snugride is a minor factor too. I won't use it very often, but it's something I like to have for convenience during quick in & out if the car errands. The Evo adapter is supposed to come out in September so it's not available yet. I know Baby Jogger is known for fiddly adapters but they recently released a new one that works for the Versa/Select.

roseyloxs
08-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Since its for the car the fold would win out for me.

hollissmama
08-27-2012, 07:17 PM
The Evo fold does look a bit complicated. I say Versa, still thinking of the Select?

legaleagle
08-27-2012, 09:37 PM

:yeahthat:

Though since diapers.com has 20% off Mutsy currently, you could always try the evo first...

Kaylee31
08-27-2012, 11:12 PM

True, the Versa looks super easy & fast. I like that they both can be folded parent-facing though & are pretty compact.

The Evo fold does look a bit complicated. I say Versa, still thinking of the Select?

I think I talked myself out of the Select even though I love the Amethyst. Why couldn't the Versa come in purple & make my decision easier. ;)
DS has rarely been riding lately, so I don't feel I really need the 2nd seat anymore. We went to a water & amusement park for 8 hrs. last week & he sat in the stroller all of 5 min. Plus I just bought a used Cam for the neighborhood, so I want something with a smaller & easier one-piece fold for the car.

:yeahthat:

Though since diapers.com has 20% off Mutsy currently, you could always try the evo first...

Good idea, but they don't have the color I want. Amazon doesn't have it in stock either at the moment (the white w/black chassis). Figures. I am hoping a stellar Labor Day sale pops up to push me one way or the other. :)

strollerqueen
08-28-2012, 01:55 PM
They're both really good choices. Try and read some reviews to see if there is a feature on one that stands out to you as a must have. Choosing the right stroller is such an individual thing!

hollissmama
08-28-2012, 03:01 PM
I think the Versa looks so much like the select in a good way but yes purple would cinch it for me too. I think the silver looks pretty though, esp with the black frame.

I think that makes sense, the city select is okay as a single but I think it feels a bit too long.

I just bought a CL frog and that push is amazing. I want to hear about either pick compared to your new Cam. :)

sweetsoul99
08-28-2012, 03:33 PM
I just bought a CL frog and that push is amazing. I want to hear about either pick compared to your new Cam. :)

Me too! I love my cam, but am looking for an alternative for my car stroller.