PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a medium size purse-like diaper bag

redheadmommy
08-27-2012, 08:59 PM
I have a 3.5yr old preschooler and a 2nd baby is coming soon.
With my son I had the plain black Jujube BeTween, which is a very small bag, and I loved it.
I am a minimalist and this bag was sufficient for me with one baby. My son is out of diaper now, but I still need to carry snack and water bottle for him. Hence the my BTween won't be big enough for me.
However I do not want a big bulky diapers bag. I also do not like busy patterns, and general I want my diaper bag to look like a purse and do not shout that it is a diaper bag.

Any suggestion? I love the timi & Leslie brand, but I have not seen anything small enough for me.
I also love Amy Michelle bag and they do have bag that I Like sizewise: sweatpea . However, it has a magnetic snap closure instead of zip top, which Ida huge No for me.

Any suggestion?
My requirement are :
- medium size around 15" by 11 " mayb 6-7" depth
- lots of pocket, and good organization
-light colored lining, an all black interior is annoying
- zip top
-purse like :no busy pattern, leather like is preferred
- I like hobo style or messages style and NO backpack

acmom
08-27-2012, 09:56 PM
What about the JJB Behave in Earth Leather in black or brown? I have that in black and really liked it. I got it when my 2nd was born (my first was almost 2 and potty trained) and still use it sometime. It was fairly small, but enough room for me. I don't like to carry a ton with me - I keep a lot of extras in the car just in case. I liked all the pockets and the light colored lining.

redheadmommy
08-27-2012, 11:56 PM
What about the JJB Behave in Earth Leather in black or brown? I have that in black and really liked it. I got it when my 2nd was born (my first was almost 2 and potty trained) and still use it sometime. It was fairly small, but enough room for me. I don't like to carry a ton with me - I keep a lot of extras in the car just in case. I liked all the pockets and the light colored lining.
I love the look of that bag! When I checked out JJB website and saw it , I thought it is THE bag for me. However, I just saw a video on YouTube from littledudes&divas. She compared my current bag, the JJB between with the JJB behave, and the behave actually can not hold more stuff than my between.
I was surprised because it looks a bit bigger, but the between is deceiving that way.

There is no point for me to buy a bag that will not hold any more stuff than my current one.
I do not want to go much bigger, but a tiny bit bigger. I thought about the JJB fabulous , but that is upper end for me sizewise. Also it cost over $250 in Canada, which is also stretching my budget.

lmh2402
09-26-2012, 08:11 PM
i'm really liking my storksak olivia in moss

TwoBees
09-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Skip Hop Versa!

jam224
09-29-2012, 02:57 AM
Or the Skip Hop Studio? http://www.skiphop.com/product/21500.html
Or the JJ Cole Satchel? http://jjcolecollections.com/satchel-bag