PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Bugaboo Cameleon

trickyhop
08-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Hi everyone, Bugaboo question. Im considering getting a used cameleon, really want to try parent facing option. Both DS1 and DS2 are tall. I am thinking a wheeled board for DS1 or might just sell as soon as DS2 hits one. DS2 is 27 1/2 inches at four months. So I am thinking Cam over Frog or Gecko because the Cam has a bigger seat. I prefer the frog, I want air tires but I think the bigger seat has to take priority. I know the newer one comes out this September. But is a 2008 the latest model available at the moment. Should I look out for anything in Particular. What do you think I should pay, its missing the bassinet and its sand colored seat and hood :p. There is a 2007 gecko and a frog year(?) on sale for 150 on my CL. My CL is flooded with Bugaboos, partially I think because there is a bugaboo store in the area. Of course I would love a donkey but out of my price range and I just got a bob duallie(better in the long run).

I like the idea of a bugaboo because everyone knows them so I think resale wont be that hard. I wil also consider getting air tires(if thats possible) and a wheeled board. Thats if I luv it, or will resell as soon as DS2 starts to outgrow and at present rate might happen soon :D. Thanks everyone I am supposed to go see it tom. so will update.

hollissmama
08-27-2012, 10:52 PM
I love our CL frog, my almost 3yr old fits just fine under the canopy, he is at the top but still fits. He is tall too, off the charts. :) I love the bugaboo push with my heavy boy and we use the reversible handle and seat feature all the time. I definitely think you will love it, I hear the wheel board is great too.

hapimommy
08-28-2012, 01:36 AM
I passed on our vista because my ds seemed so much lighter in our frog. He is 40 lbs. 40 inches tall and still fits in the seat. I wanted the air tires and really wanted to try a bugaboo, and I feel the push really ruins you for anything else that is reversible. We have a 2006 and also have the wheelie board, but I actually have started using our englacha 2-in-1 junior x rider board instead, because ds will get tired of riding, and wants to sit down. For a while I just asked him to sit on the wheelie board, but he seems happier and safer with the englacha board seat. He used to be a very big baby, but his growth has slowed down considerably, he is 3.5 now. I also know that he is past the weight limit for frogs, but the frog handles his weight so well, and I have never even heard a squeak from the frog when he rides.

gamma
08-28-2012, 08:55 AM
If you really want air tires, look for an older Cam or go with a Frog and then as DS2 grows if you find that he really needs a larger seat, you can get a Cam seat for your Frog. They are interchangable.

hollissmama
08-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Yup I plan on snagging a Cam seat frame on ebay when he gets too tall for the frog. But my 5yr old rides in the frog on occasion and it is totally a one handed push still. The air tires are awesome. I hope you love it!

I am so thankful happimommy answered my bugaboo questions. It is my fav stroller.

hapimommy
08-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Sorry, I never mentioned price! Of course it depends on how well maintained the stroller is, but I purchased mine on cl for 275. They had the bassinet, apron, sun mesh, rain cover, wheelie board, and graco adapter included. The fabric was not faded, and most of the components looked great. He told me they had used it through 3 kids, and it was their most used stroller! I know it sounds pricey, but love it, and it was less than half of what we paid for the vista.

So glad I could be of help!

trickyhop
08-28-2012, 10:04 PM
HI,
Thanks for all the info. The seller wants 250 for it. She doesnt have the bassinet and the only accessory is the cup holder. I know the Cam is better than the frog and a 2008 is not as old as some of the others for sale. I think it is the latest model through my research. But I think its still high. Cams do go for more but they usually have bassinet plus extras. Should i just get a Frog(air tires) and keep an eye out for a Cam seat. and a wheelie board?

Took the kids for a walk today in the BOB couldnt see the four month old made me sad, tried to talk to DS1 but its hard. Boy that donkey looks worth it. If I was crazy does anybody have an idea to get around that super high price tag besides amazon registry. If only a registry plus ebates???

Im nuts i go from a used Cam/Frog to brand new Donkey. :rotflmao: I could do the spark but i dont like the tires and resale for Valcos isnt the best.? From frugality to gluttony in 60seconds. But a BOB and a Donkey seems excessive. Though could use it in single mode with DS1 and DS2 on a board when a double BOB isnt feasible or just as a double. I only have the BOB and a single valco so a reversible single with a wheelie or a lighter reversible double is needed IMO. But a donkey as a car stroller:hysterical:

hollissmama
08-28-2012, 10:57 PM
well I think $250 is pretty great, my frog was $240 and a 2006 I think. But Cams usually go for $400-$500 and frogs for $350 and up but my CL is all gracos usually too. :)

I think the Donkey looks incrediable but yeah I would have an hard time coughing up that amount esp with another double like the BOB. But I say if you can swing it go for it. I'm sure it is a fantastic stroller.

sweetsoul99
08-28-2012, 11:40 PM
If you really want the bassinet you might be able to find one on eBay or cl. You don't use it for that long so I'm sure people might want to part with it, which might be what happened to this one. 250 does seem like a great price for a 2008 . I spent 280 on my 2006 plus 30 for a new fleece set, then 45 for the board.

trickyhop
08-29-2012, 01:01 AM
Yeah off the caffeine high back to reality. Thanks for the response on the price glad it looks like a good deal:yay:
So Bugaboo website says that the pre2008 Cam air tires wont fit the newer models. I have read that Frog tires will fit the CAM. Anyone have experience with this? So its an expense switching the tires but I think it will be worth it. just looked on Bugaboo site, the frog air tires are 60 each yikes.

Also I am not a beige person and it is a beige base. Should I hold out for black or dark grey? Are there benefits of having the base in a light color also the hood is sand why oh why so much beige. At least can find replacement fabrics.

If tire thing doesnt work out maybe keep an eye out for a frog with a wheelie board. Bassinet might not be that important since DS2 slept pretty well today in the BOB seat. Thank goodness for Labor Day, meeting her tuesday if I decide so have a few days to figure out.

Kaylee31
08-29-2012, 03:12 AM
If there is a lot of Bugs on your CL, I would hold out for what you want. Or maybe the seller will negotiate a little? I think the sand base is nice looking though. Comfort 1st has a few fabric color sets for only $49 and Amazon has some for ~$50. And you can probably find frog tires cheaper if they do work on the Cameleon. There's always a slew of frog & cam parts on ebay.

trickyhop
09-01-2012, 10:31 PM
So today on CL a frog popped up about 5/6 years old. It came with a wheeled board, cupholder, and parasol. He was asking 200. So it was dirty needed a good cleaning, bassinet was used, it was beige (im anti beige). The seat was ripped at the inside where the seat met seatback. Good condition needs some luv. But while I was there my 2 year old bee lined for his kids step 2 climber Pirate ship. He offered it to me for free, his kids don't play with it anymore. So I got the stroller for 180, because the seat was ripped. And the 300 climber for free. How Happy am I:yay: I was thinking of replacing Frog seat with Cam seat anyway. Best part whole time im there his phones ringing, he had to delete the ad. I had been the first to call ten minutes after it was posted. :D

Now i need suggestions on best way to wash a parasol, its a little spotted. And its going to be tricky washing seat since its ripped. Still I think I did good.

hapimommy
09-02-2012, 03:34 AM
Congrats! I hope you love it.