PDA

View Full Version : 2011 vs 2012 bjcm- auto lock or not?

sweetsoul99
08-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Hi fellow stroller friends,
I take it that the main improvements on the 2012 bjcm is the u shaped bar and the auto lock. Does the u shaped bar really make it easier to access the basket? That's one of the biggest reasons I want to trade in my Techno, the basket is useless!

Also, I'm wondering if I would prefer an auto lock or not. It's nice being able to lock the stroller sometimes, but I kind of like my light weight strollers that don't lock so that I can pull it out and unfold it with 1 hand. With 3 kids I need all the hands I can get! I guess it doesn't matter too much either way, but wanted your thoughts.

Also, does the board on the bottom actually help with the slouchiness? I'm not sure what DS will prefer at this point. I just know that my older 2 have no problem "chilling" in the back of their seat.

Does anyone think the 2012's will go on sale? I remember before 2010 the baby joggers never really went on sale much until they made regular updates every year.

hihellonikki
08-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Those two features made a huge difference to me. Thats because my other stroller is a heavy Teutonia Pixxel with a large basket and no auto-lock. Before the 2012's arrived I wouldn't even have considered a BJCM or BJCM GT, but those improvements changed my opinion.

That said, if I already had an earlier model, I doubt that I'd upgrade for those 2 reasons alone.