PDA

View Full Version : New seats for 2yr old

MamaD2
08-28-2012, 01:38 PM
We will be moving our 4 month old out of her infant seat (Chicco Keyfit 22) in a few months and are thinking of handing down our 2 yr old's current seats (Britax Roundabout 55 and Boulevard 70) to her. So we'll need two new seats for the 2 yr old (he just turned FF).

We are big fans of Britax and I see they've changed their line again. I'm wondering if the 2yr old can be in the Frontier yet? He's 30lbs and 36". I don't want to buy two new convertible seats for him now and then still have to buy boosters in a few years, but we'll do whatever is best.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

epiclesis
08-28-2012, 11:53 PM
If he's going to stay forward facing, and you are interested in a Britax, a Frontier is going to be your choice. The minimums for a Frontier is 2 years and 25lbs and 30 inches, so he meets minimum requirements.

If you want additional suggestions for one cheaper seat for the second car, or would like to keep him rear facing longer, we can give you those too. :)

MamaD2
08-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Yes, please! Any suggestions for a cheaper seat for the 2nd car would be great. I should have mentioned in the original post that while we're big fans of Britax, we're also willing to look at others. Thanks!

Joolsplus2
08-29-2012, 04:48 PM
The Evenflo Maestro (50lb harness, very short as a booster seat, but good for tall light kids who don't sleep in the car much) is a good choice, or the Evenflo Secure Kid (65lb harness, my 50lb 6 year old has room to grow in it, even in the harness, and it makes a taller booster as the headrest moves up, the Maestros headrest is fixed) are really nice choices for a second seat :). Graco Nautilus, too, but it's heavier (so if you were to be taking it in and out of the car or traveling with it), and the harness (crotch space mostly) isn't as roomy. :)