PDA

View Full Version : Bugaboo vs Bumbleride Flyer? What would you pick?

Jennifer626
08-28-2012, 11:18 PM
I have a BJCE and a Cybex Onyx and love both. However baby #2 will be here in about a month and I really want a single stroller with a reversible seat or bassinet.

On my local CL, there's a Flyer for $175 (doesn't say the year and only stock photos) but it says it's in excellent condition. Or there's a Bugaboo Frog in excellent condition for $300. I've owned a Bugaboo in the past and really liked it, BUT the fold drove me crazy after a while.

I'll also be buying a double BOB for our long outside walks, and my older daughter doesn't ride in a stroller when we are going to the mall or 90% of the time we are indoors, she only rides on our long outdoor walks.

So, assuming the Flyer is new-ish and in excellent condition, which would you buy? For mostly indoor walking, like the mall, and only for use with an infant/small baby, not an older toddler.

Thanks!

legaleagle
08-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Do you have to buy used? Since you love your onyx, I'd consider selling it and getting a Callisto and carrycot.

sweetsoul99
08-28-2012, 11:36 PM
I've never tried or seen the foray. But I can sympathize with you on the bugaboo. Love it! I love having the rear facing and the bassinet. One note, I'm really impressed with the wheeled board that fits the bugaboo. I can't even tell that I'm adding extra weight. That might come in handy at the end of a mall trip, it has for us : ). Right now I just use te snap n go for my car stroller for those quick in and outs. Only when I know that I'm going to have a long trip do I load up the bugaboo.

Jennifer626
08-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Do you have to buy used? Since you love your onyx, I'd consider selling it and getting a Callisto and carrycot.

I don't *have* to buy used, but definetly prefer to, as I rotate through strollers quickly...I think I've had 7 in 3 years?

hollissmama
08-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Frog! for sure. I went and pushed/looked at a CL flyer and thought it was very sluggish in reverse. It also had pretty crummy wheels, similar to my joovy caboose.
I passed on it and bought a frog recently and am super impressed with the push. I love all of the features and to me the fold is not hard at all, esp compared the the Vista which was hit or miss. I think it is a good CL deal.

roseyloxs
08-30-2012, 06:34 AM
I would only get the flyer if its an '09 or newer (check the man. date yourself before buying... should be on a sticker on the frame). If you are a push snob then you should not get the flyer. If you like features and can skimp a little on push then I think the flyer is a more appropriate indoor stroller.

edurnemk
08-30-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm a push snob, so the Frog for sure. The Bugs are so nimble they runs on a dime even in tiny store aisles. I tried a Flyer back on '09 and hated the push in parent facing mode.

Jennifer626
08-31-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm a total push snob, so Froggy it is! I already emailed the lady and she is going to hold it for a week until my DH gets paid and I can go pick it up! WOOT! I'm so excited to get another Frog.

hollissmama
08-31-2012, 11:36 PM
We adore ours and honestly the fold doesn't bother me for the car, I love how you can fit the 2 pieces into any trunk and how light they are seperately. I hope you find the frog love again. :) Enjoy and congrats.